When was your first visit to Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.

When was your first visit to Hua Hin?

Before 1970
1%
1971-1980
3%
1981-1990
9%
1991-2000
18%
2001-2005
29%
2006-present
40%

Total votes: 374

sweeex
Rookie
Rookie

Re: When was your first visit to Hua Hin?

Post by sweeex »

januari 2010, on a road tripp from issan! luckely I talked my ex in to geting a house in cha am instead of building new in williage in issan. ;)
earntheright

Post by earntheright »

i will be there january, hua hin first timer :cheers:
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

My first visit to Hua Hin was in September 2001. Hard to forget and as while sitting in the Mai Tai bar 9/11 was unfolding on the television.
TheDuke
Novice
Novice

Post by TheDuke »

July 2011 to scout location for potential move. I moved here in August 2012 to go to school; so far so good!
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

August 2011. Came here to visit a dear friend and ended-up buying a place out here.

I guess that means we like it.

A lot!

:thumb:
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Post by MajorBloodnok »

30 June 2012 with the intention to settle here for good!
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
Diapers
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Diapers »

Dec 2012 to scout and probably have already made my decision!
johnro
Novice
Novice

Post by johnro »

hello all :D

this is my first post on here
I first came to hua hin 2 years ago and have being back 5 times since
I love the place and the kind of people that holiday and live here
my dream would be to live here one day and buy a condo or apartment
hoping to come back in may to look for a place to buy so any help or advice would be great

many thanks
john UK :cheers:
MANCRED
Amateur
Amateur

Post by MANCRED »

This year, but I've been all over Thailand d before
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Had to have a look where I would be staying once I got married in 1990. Lived here until 2000 and now returned again to stay although visited frequently in the meantime. Still love it here.
nedUcarnt
Novice
Novice

Post by nedUcarnt »

83....or was it 84...cant be sure, came as a backpacker which i still am......one bottle of beer was equal to one nights accomodation, smokin was the order of the day, no drinkin, every bottle of beer was one less night on the road.. i was a pisshead before i left and i was a pisshead when i got back. i reckon i got pissed about 3 times in 13 months, effin good of me i thought....we literally were israeli backpackers before israeli backpackers became famous for there, how should i put it, osterity.....guys that i met in hua hin,we were still crossing paths in burma india and nepal, everybody was on the same trail,turn left at thailand..... we had a great time in hua hin, the whole beach to ourselves, not a farang in sight. .....came back about 6 years ago, been to many times since,realised that it had turned into a farang retirement home, and shit man, i am just not ready for that......but hey, my girlfriend comes from hua hin so i will have to learn to like it.................oh yeah, anyone know where i can get a zimmerframe
kapapa
Novice
Novice

Post by kapapa »

Hello @ all! Just returned to Nonthaburi from my first visit and fell in love with Hua Hin... by the way, are there any german guys here?
8)
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

It was the late 80s when a friend of mine (the late Dan Hughes) introduced me to Hua Hin. We were both living on Saipan at the time and visited Hua Hin together many times over the years. Perhaps the most memorable visit was the time we decided to cycle from Hua Hin to Pala U. (I'm sure some of you were friends and/or golf buddies with Dan.)

In those days we always stayed at Fulay. That is until Dan bought a condo in the vicinity of the Regent.

He was a good man. I miss him and will always be grateful that he introduced me to the area. After his death I didn't make it down there very often. We're now about to buy a condo up toward Cha Am. I'm looking forward to more frequent visits.
Somchai Turdsak

Post by Somchai Turdsak »

I've never been to Hua Hin. I drove from the north to Phuket a few years ago, but took the HH bypass.
GlsgwMick
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GlsgwMick »

2008 after my good friend told me to stop wasting my money holidaying in Greece or Spain and come out to HH..I've not been back to either since and can't see by HH to be honest.I will probably take time out to visit Pattaya this year to see what all the fuss is about.BKK doesn't interest me,and I have dreams of semi-retiring in HH in the future.The people the culture the bars and not to mention the girls are all top-notch.