Hua Hin Fireworks Festival, Dec 21st

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Hua Hin Fireworks Festival, Dec 21st

Post by Papaya »

Somebody told me last night that there will be a Fireworks Festival just before Christmas. Does anybody know any more?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin to host an International Fireworks Festival?

Post by richard »

Uncle Tom?????
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Post by Papaya »

Sorry, I don't understand. Is Uncle Tom the venue?
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

theres one in pataya every year around this time ,i think it starts tonight
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Papaya wrote:Sorry, I don't understand. Is Uncle Tom the venue?
Uncle Tom is a global pyrotechnic expert who posts on the forum
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

So is pharvey............. :roll: :run:

In response to OP - yes I think the Pataya one starts iminent.
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Post by Papaya »

Pattaya? I was told there was one planned for Hua Hin next month. Is this not correct?
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/new ... 1280010001
On December 21, the Ministry of Defence will also host a display of fireworks in Hua Hin district, Prachuap Khiri Khan, in commemoration of His Majesty the King’s birthday.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

From Hua Hin Today
HUA HIN: -- The Ministry of Defence, Royal Thai Army, Royal Thai Navy, Royal Thai Airforce, Prachuab Khirikhan Provincial Office and the Hua Hin Municipality are hosting an International Firework Festival on 21st December 2013. With a budget of 30 million Baht, this event will express gratitude to Their Majesties and celebrate the King's birthday.

The fireworks come from the Royal Thai Army, Navy and Airforce as well as other countries, namely Japan and Switzerland. The fireworks from Japan and Switzerland will be fired into the sky and feature various figures of animals and the number "86". This is to acknowledge the age of His Majesty this year. There will also be Thai and foreign fireworks fired simultaneously and continuously into the sky. A total of 30,000 fireworks are expected to use in this show.

In addition to the fireworks, there will be an orchestra made up of students from the Mahidol University and other stage performances. Among 2,570 VIP guests invited to take part in the event are the Prime Minister Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra, the Minister of Tourism and Sport and the Minister of Energy of Thailand.

All the budget of 30 million Baht for hosting the event comes from donations made by private companies in Thailand because they would like to pay respect to Their Majesties time in Hua Hin.

The fireworks can be admired from Hua Hin beaches or some lookout points, such as Khao Takiab and Hua Hin's Navy Pirom fishing pier. Many of the fireworks can go up to as high as 500 metres, said Maj. Gen. Nitiphat.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Papaya
Guru
Guru

Post by Papaya »

Thank you Bristolian.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

GN.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

sounds like it will be good ,
buksida

Post by buksida »

Found this on Facebook ...
hhfw.jpg
Rough translation: from 1800 on the 21st of December fireworks will be fired from 5 vessels in the bay, best views from the beach.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Gonna be huge, we saw the one for the Queens birthday a couple of years ago in Pattaya; one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen and it went on seemingly forever. We already have our beach side table reserved close to the palace! :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

It's nice that someone 'high up' has chosen HH to host this display..& a big thank you to Bristolian for the info.. Sounds like the beach will be the place-to-be on the evening of the 21st..what time is it planned for..??