Jock B-Quik, sleight-of-pricing

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Jock B-Quik, sleight-of-pricing

Post by Farang »

A friend, for one reason or another, insisted on B-Quik repairing the leaking water-pump in his Ford Ranger, a model somewhat less that a score of years old. Yes, I know, the Ford garage is right across the street from B-Quik.

On going to B-Quik he got a price of 7000 THB for the new water-pump, including the work. He paid a deposit and B-Quik proceeded to order the new pump from Bkk – not from across the street. B-Quik nimbly would phone when the part was there.

A fortnight passes, no phone-call. On visiting B-Quik my friend learns that there’s no part and the price would now be 11 000 THB, all inclusive.

He requested and got his deposit back with no hassle, went out never to return and drove to garage near the railway flyover. On inspecting the matter the gentlemen of the flyover garage said they’d do it in three hours, if he could leave the car there right now.

They did. The price was, including rinsing the whole cooling system with steam and with new coolant, a cool 2 190 THB. The pump works well and my friend is a happy ex-customer of B-Quik.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Jock B-Quik, sleight-of-pricing

Post by Deuce »

can you please give number of the shop... I did a tire job at B-Quik.. .they did a good job but they did adjust the quote on me too...
Farang wrote:A friend, for one reason or another, insisted on B-Quik repairing the leaking water-pump in his Ford Ranger, a model somewhat less that a score of years old. Yes, I know, the Ford garage is right across the street from B-Quik.

On going to B-Quik he got a price of 7000 THB for the new water-pump, including the work. He paid a deposit and B-Quik proceeded to order the new pump from Bkk – not from across the street. B-Quik nimbly would phone when the part was there.

A fortnight passes, no phone-call. On visiting B-Quik my friend learns that there’s no part and the price would now be 11 000 THB, all inclusive.

He requested and got his deposit back with no hassle, went out never to return and drove to garage near the railway flyover. On inspecting the matter the gentlemen of the flyover garage said they’d do it in three hours, if he could leave the car there right now.

They did. The price was, including rinsing the whole cooling system with steam and with new coolant, a cool 2 190 THB. The pump works well and my friend is a happy ex-customer of B-Quik.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Re: Jock B-Quik, sleight-of-pricing

Post by Farang »

Avec plaisir, monsieur!
Attachments
kscautopart.jpg
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."