Arsene Wenger Statement issued today

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pommy

Arsene Wenger Statement issued today

Post by pommy »

"I was disgusted at the treatment we received at West Ham. Our players are used to playing in a quiet, respectful atmosphere in which we can discuss tactics, compare our nice gloves, and scream loudly to let the referee know we've been tackled and need a free kick.

The atmosphere at Upton Park was little short of hostile. The opposing fans sang, shouted and cheered in a manner we are not used to. Almost all of them stayed for the whole game, too. This was strange to us; it doesn't happen back at the Al Qaeda Stadium.

In addition, our bag man left the team's glove bag back at Gonfraburton Grove, meaning that many of our players were playing with cold hands, and some of them cried.

My dispute with Alan Pardew was over his comments following their goal. "Did you see that?" he shouted. This was insulting. He must know that I see NOTHING on the pitch, unless it is a poor decision against Arsenal. And I am NOT a 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey', whoever said that..."
Pommy
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pommy wrote:
some of them cried
Did they forget their dummys as well?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

And from the Football Italia Magazine

Leccarsi Del Micia

The argument for which is the best league in the World goes on. The English Premiership boosted by worldwide media coverage has become the most popular worldwide and has now generated the most revenue. The Italian Serie A League however has produced many more European Championship teams than the English Premier League and has had much greater success.

The Spanish League is of high standard but drops off quickly with only two or three teams always at the top and a few others nearby. In addition to this they rely almost entirely on Spanish and Portuguese speaking players from South America and English players that canont find positions in the Premiership. Other European leagues are more biased towards one or two teams with the rest of the league never getting anywhere.

The Italian League cover a much larger spectrum just like the English Premier League. So the argument as to who had the best league would always be between the English League and the Italian League. That was until last year when two of the most prestigious teams in the world were found guilty of corruption and penalized. So where do they stand now.

All four of the penalized Serie A sides are in the bottom half of Serie A and the fifth, Juventus, is now just one win from topping Serie B. So next season, with corruption a thing of the past and Juventus back up, Serie A is poised yet again to be the best league in the world.

In a recent interview with Gianluigi Bufoon, the world’s number one typographical error, in his home in the Alps, Gianluigi said

“The Italian Leagues are the best in the World and the worst is now over. Next season we will be back and the Serie A league and it will be complete again. The English league is dominated by foreigners. There are hardly any English players. The few that they have are all a bit simple. Just take Mickey Rooney for example, in Italy we would have taken him outside, tied him to a post and shot him and then buried his carcass on top of the remains of David Beckham by now. When it comes to managers it’s just the same, they have to rely totally on foreigners. The top English teams have got a ageing Scotsman, a Portugese Mafia Chieftan, a Spaniard and a dirty cheating frog eating Frenchman at the helm. Of course the English Premiership is still very entertaining. Only last week I saw the most entertaining match of the season with West Ham at home to Arsenal. It was so funny to see the Mr. Bean look-like Frenchman throwing his handbag at Victor Meldew, the elderly West Ham manager. I look forward to Champions League again in two years and visit to the new stadium just so that we can beat the Frenchmen on their own ground.â€
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

At least Benitez comes out of Gianluigis comments quite well.
These Quotes are 100% factual, I saw them on SSN myself. :thumb: