Can anybody catch Chelsea and Manu now

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.

Can anybody catch Chelsea and Manu?

West Ham United
30%
Juventus
No votes
Crystal Palace
10%
Milton Keynes' Dons
10%
Another no hoper
10%
Nobody
40%

Total votes: 10

Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

BaaBaa. wrote:Possibly the amount of time the nucleus of the side has been together.
Quality of opposition so far this season?
I think that is about it. The little influx of new blood seems to have gelled somehow.

Once Chelsea find fifth gear, and with two 4 0 wins in a row maybe they have already, and Arsenal stop keep screwing up all the time I think we will see some juxtapositioning at the top.

Anyway it should be easy wins for all three today. Brings back memories of last year with Chelsea beating the Hamsters 4 - 1 with only ten men.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Trotter
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Trotter »

After their fine win over the Gooners today the Trotters must now fancy their chances of getting third place and making it to the Champs league next season.

How good also to see Anelka finally score in the Premiership for Bolton. That could be the floodgates opening as the Diouf/Anelka partnership kicks off big time. The Arsenal defence could not cope with Diouf in the first half and it shows how he can make space for Nick.

If we had not lost both full backs at half time and Big Sam had not had to carry out a team re-shufffle, heaven only knows how many we would have put past Arsenal by full-time. In the circumstances I will settle for the 3-1 result.

Champ league football will make it easier for Sam to sign a few extra faces next year. Each year the team and the squad gets a little stronger. He is building a football dynasty and it reminds me of the way Shankly transformed Liverpool.
Trotter
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Agreed trotter.

Its good to see the old names come back and establish themselves rather than just go down again next season. Looks like next season we may have Preston and possibly, if they get back on track, the first ever foreign team in the English Premiership.

It could open the floodgates for the sweaties.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]