New style geography

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

New style geography

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Now either my geography is very poor or Australia has moved without me noticing! If so why does it take so long to get there from UK ??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/6184956.stm

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
housedoctor

Post by housedoctor »

:cheers: Pardon my ignorance, but your point is???
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Do you mean because the Australian Masters is described as a European Tour Event?

It is because it is a co-sanctioned event between the Australian and European Tours. There are many such tournaments co-sanctioned between the differernt tours worldwide including the PGA, European, Asian, Sunshine (S Africa) & Australia to name a few.

Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Have you looked at the link ??

It mentions Justin Rose won the Australian Open on the European Tour!!
Australia never used to be in Europe as far as I remember !!
Not even close.
Will they be entering the Eurovision Song Contest next perhaps ??
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

malcolminthemiddle wrote:Do you mean because the Australian Masters is described as a European Tour Event?

It is because it is a co-sanctioned event between the Australian and European Tours. There are many such tournaments co-sanctioned between the differernt tours worldwide including the PGA, European, Asian, Sunshine (S Africa) & Australia to name a few.

I knew walking around trying to hit a small ball into holes with a stick was a stupid waste of time! :twisted:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Kraka’s dad wrote:
I knew walking around trying to hit a small ball into holes with a stick was a stupid waste of time!
A good walk spoilt, -as Mark Twain famously said, and if you play golf as badly as I do, it’s a fair point.