The bikers thread; trips, news, chat, all things motorcycle

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: The bikers thread; trips, news, chat, all things motorcycle

Post by migrant »

Thanks Buksida, good advice. My riding would be mostly town with a few tours mixed in (when is your next road trip with the guys??) So something that would keep up on tour but still be OK in HH's crowds.

Have looked at bahtsold, you are right lot's of choices!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

There are Saturday and Sunday rides most weekends in Hua Hin.

Check out Siam Handlebars Facebook page for details.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Ginjaninja wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:19 pm There are Saturday and Sunday rides most weekends in Hua Hin.

Check out Siam Handlebars Facebook page for details.
Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

migrant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:16 pm Thanks Buksida, good advice. My riding would be mostly town with a few tours mixed in (when is your next road trip with the guys??)
November 14 for the Kanchanaburi Vintage bike weekend.

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorc ... uri.14649/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

2019 link: https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorc ... and.15207/

Edit:

The 14th VintageBike Thailand Rally & Exhibition will take place on Saturday 16th November 2019.

As usual it will be at the Sri Nagarinda Dam in Kanchanaburi.

VintageBike Thailand have a Facebook page for more info, but it's pretty basic and in Thai.
The rally site is; N 014deg 24.010' E099deg 07.261'
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

buksida wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:05 pm
migrant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:16 pm Thanks Buksida, good advice. My riding would be mostly town with a few tours mixed in (when is your next road trip with the guys??)
November 14 for the Kanchanaburi Vintage bike weekend.

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorc ... uri.14649/
That's incredible! Never knew that there are so many old bikes, plus the amazing old stationery engines!
Where exactly is the site, Buksida?

Last years event: 13th Vintage Bike November 2018

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorc ... 018.14942/

Thanks Fraser, posted while I was drooling over last years! Can't forget the date as it is my birthday!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Does anyone know what the motorcycle event setup at Suan Son beach is (this weekend???)???

Edit: found it... tomorrow event

https://www.siam2nite.com/en/events/201 ... mp-2-21233
buksida

Post by buksida »

Jeez this place is getting expensive, 800 baht a ticket :shock:

Biker events always used to be free or minimal 50-100 baht or so to get your ride in.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

yeah will be giving it a miss and attending the Hash instead.

The sand drag race would be interesting though. Not sure how they get away with it in front of the army land as no vehicles are permitted on the beach area....
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

OK I've done much thinking on what I would use a bike for here. I love the big bikes, have had big Harleys and Suzuki's in the states. But mrs m doesn't like long rides on bikes. Yes I could ride alone and would but maybe once or twice a year. Buksida has a great larger bike for sale and, knowing him, I know it's kept up well. But I think I would use for hops around town and short rides, probably by myself.

For that purpose a larger, automatic, is probably best. While I like the Forza and, especially the Xmax, they are around twice the price of a PCX. NMAX or Aerox and while the extra power would be nice, it's hard to justify, if I want to spend that money I'd buy Buksida's bike.

Read through many reviews and crossed out the Aerox. I'm 6 foot tall and the knees hit the areas around the handle bars.

I'm leaning toward the NMAX. It has ABS brakes, a little more power, and a good feel. PCX is nice too though. NMAX is ~ 15,000 baht cheaper too although all fit into my budget.

Honda seems to have more service stations all over, this helped influence my purchasing a toyota truck, but with a bike I think decent mechanics are everywhere.

Advice, and suggestions, here are always helpful, anyone have any??

Thanks
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

I am 6 foot tall and have had an Aerox for 12 months now.
No problems with the knees when solo, though when I carry a passenger I have to sit a bit further forward and the knees do touch the front plastic.
It uses the same engine as the Nmax, so power is identical; I have the top model which has the auto-stop (don't use), ABS and keyless ignition.
Very please with it. You can try it if you want.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Felipesed1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:33 pm I am 6 foot tall and have had an Aerox for 12 months now.
No problems with the knees when solo, though when I carry a passenger I have to sit a bit further forward and the knees do touch the front plastic.
It uses the same engine as the Nmax, so power is identical; I have the top model which has the auto-stop (don't use), ABS and keyless ignition.
Very please with it. You can try it if you want.
Thanks! I tried one of my neighbors and liked the bike but did a little hitting on it. Maybe I'll check a newer model too. :cheers: :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Thanks! I tried one of my neighbors and liked the bike but did a little hitting on it. Maybe I'll check a newer model too.
One of the pony ride operators down on the beach has a nice mare for sale. Cheap to run, the exhaust can be used in the garden, and if you train it a bit will take you home after too many red wines without worrying about the BIB. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Nereus wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:06 pm
Thanks! I tried one of my neighbors and liked the bike but did a little hitting on it. Maybe I'll check a newer model too.
One of the pony ride operators down on the beach has a nice mare for sale. Cheap to run, the exhaust can be used in the garden, and if you train it a bit will take you home after too many red wines without worrying about the BIB. :rasta:
I'd hate to do that then people would say "Look at the pair of horses asses"!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

migrant wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:42 pm OK I've done much thinking on what I would use a bike for here. I love the big bikes, have had big Harleys and Suzuki's in the states. But mrs m doesn't like long rides on bikes. Yes I could ride alone and would but maybe once or twice a year. Buksida has a great larger bike for sale and, knowing him, I know it's kept up well. But I think I would use for hops around town and short rides, probably by myself.

For that purpose a larger, automatic, is probably best. While I like the Forza and, especially the Xmax, they are around twice the price of a PCX. NMAX or Aerox and while the extra power would be nice, it's hard to justify, if I want to spend that money I'd buy Buksida's bike.

Read through many reviews and crossed out the Aerox. I'm 6 foot tall and the knees hit the areas around the handle bars.

I'm leaning toward the NMAX. It has ABS brakes, a little more power, and a good feel. PCX is nice too though. NMAX is ~ 15,000 baht cheaper too although all fit into my budget.

Honda seems to have more service stations all over, this helped influence my purchasing a toyota truck, but with a bike I think decent mechanics are everywhere.

Advice, and suggestions, here are always helpful, anyone have any??

Thanks
I looked at the Nmax but ended up buying a PCX. Although the Nmax has ABS which is a plus, it just didn’t feel as solid as the PCX which has turned out to be a good bike and even though it is slightly down on power compared to the Nmax, it is still very nippy.