TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by Pagey »

pharvey wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:30 pm

"A retelling of the classic French story about Arsène Lupin, the world-famous gentleman thief and master of disguise."

In French with subtitles, but don't let that put you off. Well worth a look

I've been umming and ahing about this one - as you say, subtitles.... Don't need my glasses to watch TV, but do need them for the bloody subtitles! :banghead: As I've enjoyed a few you've recommended, I'll give it a go!!

:cheers: :cheers:
There's an English dubbed version on Pirate Bay, no glasses needed.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Time to kill before today's main event so I'm (re)watching Justified on Amazon Prime. Dayamn, it's good!

Timothy Olyphant, the man with the coolest walk since John Wayne, and the coolest name since... well... Marion Morrison and Maurice Micklewhite. Incidentally, Olyphant is apparently the name of a Scottish clan and nothing to do with Tolkien or pachyderms.
This is the way
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:22 pm Time to kill before today's main event so I'm (re)watching Justified on Amazon Prime. Dayamn, it's good!

Timothy Olyphant, the man with the coolest walk since John Wayne, and the coolest name since... well... Marion Morrison and Maurice Micklewhite. Incidentally, Olyphant is apparently the name of a Scottish clan and nothing to do with Tolkien or pachyderms.
Yes a good series taken from Elmore Leonard's books :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Pagey wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:45 amThere's an English dubbed version on Pirate Bay, no glasses needed.
:thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've only watched the first one but know I'm going to like them all.

Dave Grohl - Sonic Highways (2014). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3893538/

The Foo Fighters lead singer celebrates the band's 20th anniversary by traveling across America to discover the roots of the blues, rock, and punk in the nation's iconic cities.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Twin Peaks - Going back a few years but holds your interest, and quite strange to say the least. Some of you may be familiar with it. I haven't looked but surely available on some streaming site, as well as Amazon Prime.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4093826/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

PeteC wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:54 am Twin Peaks - Going back a few years but holds your interest, and quite strange to say the least. Some of you may be familiar with it. I haven't looked but surely available on some streaming site, as well as Amazon Prime.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4093826/
Have you seen the original 1990 series?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098936/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, that's the one I was referring to. Put up the wrong link/trailer. I don't think I've seen that sequel?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

David Lynch produced the TV series and movie. If you liked his strange humor try "Wild at Heart" with Nicholas Cage and Laura Dern
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

migrant wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:14 pm David Lynch produced the TV series and movie. If you liked his strange humor try "Wild at Heart" with Nicholas Cage and Laura Dern
Wild At Heart is in my top 10 all time best with Red Rock West not far behind. Cage at his wide eyed insane best.

Back to TV. The 2017 Twin Peaks picks up in the town 25 years after Lara Palmers death.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
electricwarrior

Post by electricwarrior »

I'm currently watching re runs of Murder In Successville with Tom Davis (King Gary, another comedy classic).
Each week D.I. Sleet is partnered by a celebrity guest as they investigate a murder in the titular town, which is in turn seemingly peopled entirely by 'celebrities'. IMDB.

The one with Chris Kamara is absolute comedy gold. Here's a clip...

3 Seasons ran from '15 to '17. Few downloads on Limetorrents
https://www.limetorrents.pro/search/all ... e/seeds/1/
Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Twin Peaks is an iconic TV series of its time, at the infancy of this type of movie style mini-series. If you were around then you will remember how big it was. It won so many awards, but the finale disappointed many (ring any bells? :: GoT).

Remember this was in the time when you either sat down to watch it at the published airtime, or you videotaped it. But dare you do that for risk of hearing spoilers before watching it.

There was some very confusing legal or artistic battle in the years following that prohibited, or simply denied us through spite, of a sequel to answer the many unanswered questions. It eventually came but wasn't really a sequel, more of an adjunct or spin-off.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

The Equalizer - a new Sky TV series starring a large middle-aged lady called Queen Latifah as the Equalizer.

If you value your sanity and have any standards whatsoever... DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS AWFUL CLICHED CORNY PILE OF ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! :guns:
This is the way
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 am The Equalizer - a new Sky TV series starring a large middle-aged lady called Queen Latifah as the Equalizer.

If you value your sanity and have any standards whatsoever... DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS AWFUL CLICHED CORNY PILE OF ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! :guns:
Don't hold back, tell us what you really think about the show. :cheers:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 am The Equalizer - a new Sky TV series starring a large middle-aged lady called Queen Latifah as the Equalizer.

I used to respect you but now I must question your judgement. What on God's green earth inspired you to watch it in the first place? :laugh: :laugh:

― George Carlin