(Don't) Wear a Mask Debate

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Re: (Don't) Wear a Mask Debate

Post by KhunLA »

Goes both ways, as many of the points made on the 'wear' side of the debate, are quite valid for many situations. Always happy to agree to disagree on other points.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:55 am I drove along Soi 94 (west of railway) on Wednesday afternoon (2pm - ish) and of the 5 or 6 farangs I saw, none were wearing a mask. Thais about 50%. Is that typical in that area?
I took careful note as I drove up Soi 94 about 30 minutes ago (yes, there were people this time). I'm pleased to report that there was just one Thai lady walking without a mask. Farangs were masked up 100%. However, I didn't see one of the ladies (and there were quite a few) sat outside of massage shops and whatever other shops there are up Soi 94 with a mask on.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:43 am
hhinner wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:55 am I drove along Soi 94 (west of railway) on Wednesday afternoon (2pm - ish) and of the 5 or 6 farangs I saw, none were wearing a mask. Thais about 50%. Is that typical in that area?
I took careful note as I drove up Soi 94 about 30 minutes ago (yes, there were people this time). I'm pleased to report that there was just one Thai lady walking without a mask. Farangs were masked up 100%. However, I didn't see one of the ladies (and there were quite a few) sat outside of massage shops and whatever other shops there are up Soi 94 with a mask on.
Customers probably wanna peruse before choose :naughty: :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

When you exhale air into your mask you inhale it again, is that good ? They tell us that this virus is flying and following you anywhere, so it can be also in your house, room, garden. So does it make sense to wear it outside ? Wear it even when you sleep.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

🤣🤣🤣

Air is safe to breathe, just as it's always been. They're just scare monging, and trying to get people to buy CO₂ meters, air purifier and ventilating systems. They scared you into buying everything else, and now running out of ideas, so they thought up this new threat ... 🤣🤣🤣
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

europtimiste wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:07 pm When you exhale air into your mask you inhale it again, is that good ? They tell us that this virus is flying and following you anywhere, so it can be also in your house, room, garden. So does it make sense to wear it outside ? Wear it even when you sleep.
But wearing a mask outside is just fine for you. There’s no need for you to be concerned that you’re breathing too much of your own carbon dioxide.

“It’s one of those myths that circulates a lot on social media,” Dr. Robert Citronberg, director of infectious disease at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, said during a Facebook Live event. “And I can tell you there’s no scientific evidence that says wearing a mask is harmful in terms of retaining carbon dioxide.”

In fact, wearing a mask still is one of the best ways to stop the spread of COVID-19. A study published in The Lancet further supported it. “The use of face masks was protective for both health-care workers and people in the community exposed to infection,” the study reports.

Wearing a mask helps you protect other people avoid COVID-19, and the spread of the virus could be greatly reduced if everyone does it. Plus, breathing in them doesn’t harm you, even for long periods of time. Think of all the health care workers who go through long shifts wearing masks throughout.

“So I hate to see people not wear masks just because of that particular concern,” Dr. Citronberg says.
https://www.ahchealthenews.com/2021/03/ ... d-for-you/
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 pm
europtimiste wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:07 pm When you exhale air into your mask you inhale it again, is that good ? They tell us that this virus is flying and following you anywhere, so it can be also in your house, room, garden. So does it make sense to wear it outside ? Wear it even when you sleep.
But wearing a mask outside is just fine for you. There’s no need for you to be concerned that you’re breathing too much of your own carbon dioxide.

“It’s one of those myths that circulates a lot on social media,” Dr. Robert Citronberg, director of infectious disease at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, said during a Facebook Live event. “And I can tell you there’s no scientific evidence that says wearing a mask is harmful in terms of retaining carbon dioxide.”

In fact, wearing a mask still is one of the best ways to stop the spread of COVID-19. A study published in The Lancet further supported it. “The use of face masks was protective for both health-care workers and people in the community exposed to infection,” the study reports.

Wearing a mask helps you protect other people avoid COVID-19, and the spread of the virus could be greatly reduced if everyone does it. Plus, breathing in them doesn’t harm you, even for long periods of time. Think of all the health care workers who go through long shifts wearing masks throughout.

“So I hate to see people not wear masks just because of that particular concern,” Dr. Citronberg says.
Next will be quotes from a doctor(s) who dispute this. Until the mask police arrest you, it's still up to the individual to wear a mask or not. We live in the age of unreason so there's no reason to argue with people about masks.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:37 pm
HHTel wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Next will be quotes from a doctor(s) who dispute this. Until the mask police arrest you, it's still up to the individual to wear a mask or not. We live in the age of unreason so there's no reason to argue with people about masks.
Last time I looked it was mandatory here with fines upwards of 1,000 baht. Do keep up.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:thumb:

To be fair, he did say that it's up to the individual until you're arrested!!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

sateeb wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:42 pm
Last time I looked it was mandatory here with fines upwards of 1,000 baht. Do keep up.
I thought you said the last time you looked you saw people not wearing masks. Did you call the mask police, like a good little citizen?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:08 pm :thumb:

You can't be fair when dealing with an ex-cop. It's not part of their training.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Anyone know anyone, or even know anyone who knows someone that was fined for not wearing a mask ?

New-blips of PM's PR stunt doesn't count ... 🤣
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes!
People caught not wearing a face mask in a public space face stiff penalties, with the courts fining at least 9 people so far this week. Officials are cracking down on face mask violations as disease prevention measures are ramped up to curtail the spread of Covid-19. Certainly Thai police have shown their fervour for the crackdown and have been stopping people in all parts of the country.

The Bangkok Post reports that fines of 1,000 – 4,000 baht have been dished out, with the maximum penalty for not wearing a mask being 20,000 baht.

The Bangkok Post reports that, on Monday, 2 people were fined 2,000 baht each at a court in the southern province of Surat Thani after failing to wear face masks. However, it’s understood the penalty was halved as a result of them pleading guilty. Also in Surat Thani, another person was fined 1,000 baht the following day.

Also on Tuesday, a provincial court in central Thailand fined 2 people caught without face masks. The court in Ayutthaya handed down fines of 4,000 baht each, with another 2 people fined the same amount in the southern province of Yala. In each of these cases however, the fines were also halved as a result of guilty pleas from the accused.
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai ... violations

Source: The Bangkok Post.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:03 pm
sateeb wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:42 pm

I thought you said the last time you looked you saw people not wearing masks. Did you call the mask police, like a good little citizen?
Handdummer,

I'm typing slowwwwly so that you might understand. You claimed it was up to the individual whether to wear a mask or not. I simply pointed out that it wasn't. Not my job to call the "mask police" and furthermore if an unmasked person was "in my space" I would deal with it myself but I might make an exception with you!! :cheers:

― George Carlin
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:05 pm
HHTel wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:08 pm :thumb:

You can't be fair when dealing with an ex-cop. It's not part of their training.
You regularly show a lack of understanding, logic and common sense. I guess that's not part of a pots n pans hitter's training. :offtopic: please.

― George Carlin