Flying to/from Thailand (Covid Era)

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
lomuamart

Re: Flying to/from Thailand, latest updates

Post by lomuamart »

PCR result was negative. Got it through the hotel by Line in my room at 2.30pm. negative and a good turn around time.

Decided not to spend the night in BKK so am now supping a cold Chang in HH.

Much was made of the pink piece of health paper I got at Swampy. Joelle refers to it above.

Everyone wanted to see it. The final desk at the health stop, Imm, the hotel rep sorting out my taxi to the hotel, the PCR hospital and the hotel itself. Don't lose it!!

The hotel insisted I got the Mor Chan'a app and they did that for me. Ok, I suppose, especially as I need another PCR test in 5-6 days and I suppose the whole thing is coordinated through the app.

As far as getting in here is concerned for those lucky enough to have their Thai Passes honoured, it's not too much hassle as long as you resign yourself to extra stuff.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

lomuamart wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:02 pm PCR result was negative. Got it through the hotel by Line in my room at 2.30pm. negative and a good turn around time.

Decided not to spend the night in BKK so am now supping a cold Chang in HH.

Much was made of the pink piece of health paper I got at Swampy. Joelle refers to it above.

Everyone wanted to see it. The final desk at the health stop, Imm, the hotel rep sorting out my taxi to the hotel, the PCR hospital and the hotel itself. Don't lose it!!

The hotel insisted I got the Mor Chan'a app and they did that for me. Ok, I suppose, especially as I need another PCR test in 5-6 days and I suppose the whole thing is coordinated through the app.

As far as getting in here is concerned for those lucky enough to have their Thai Passes honoured, it's not too much hassle as long as you resign yourself to extra stuff.
Glad all went well. As for the Mor Channa app on your phone, I got it installed on mine but never received anything on it regarding PCR tests, so it’ll interesting to see what you get.
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

Currently sitting at Dubai waiting for my flight. I would agree that anyone traveling to print your docs. Check in at NY was straight forward as I just handed her the binder of docs for 4 people. Only issue is family of 8 on flight to Dubai constantly not wearing masks despite being told too. My 10 year olds can follow rules shame that some adults and teenagers. Hopefully we will get to Bangkok and through to the hotel in a quick manner and be realeased in time for new year.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

As an anecdote, I noticed that my re-entry permit didn't have a number on it. That was 2 hours before touch down as I was filling in the entry/departure card on the plane.

I've never seen Imm so cheerful and other than a very short delay whilst it was confirmed that it was wasn't a technical red card, I was breezed through.

If only things could be like that all the time.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

At the airport I didn't notice until later that my departure card was missing from my passport. I suspect that will be a pain in the ass when I go to immigration next.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

No, you will get a new card from immigration. It happened to me some years ago.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi guys,

At the airport hotel now waiting for our test results, will not mention hotel, but could do better.
Anyway have registered on the Morchana app and I presume the notification of result will come through on the app, correct? GN
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Green Nomad wrote:Hi guys,

At the airport hotel now waiting for our test results, will not mention hotel, but could do better.
Anyway have registered on the Morchana app and I presume the notification of result will come through on the app, correct? GN
Not necessarily - I received a phone call in my Hotel room giving me the result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I had mine through Line from the hotel reception.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Ok, cheers guys.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Saw this in HH Hospital FB page today. It may be relevant for those people coming back from abroad (or maybe not).
Screenshot_20220107-115656_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20220107-115656_Brave.jpg (113.41 KiB) Viewed 268 times
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter is looking to travel to the US in the very near future. From what I can gather, all she needs to enter the US is proof of vaccination (not a covid passport) and a negative test before flying.

Can someone advise me what she needs to get out of Thailand? I get more and more confused with the various websites.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:54 pm My daughter is looking to travel to the US in the very near future. From what I can gather, all she needs to enter the US is proof of vaccination (not a covid passport) and a negative test before flying.

Can someone advise me what she needs to get out of Thailand? I get more and more confused with the various websites.
I'm planning on heading to the states Feb 2. In looking the only requirement I see is as you said, proof of vaccination and a negative test. The only difficulty I see is the covid test has to be one day before flying. They stressed one day, not 24 hours. I leave 8:30 am and was planning on heading up from here 2:30-3:00 am so need a quick turnaround on the test. There is a testing facility at swampy that says results in 90 minutes but I can't find the hours.

If you find out more please share, I'll do the same, thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

A lot of Airlines require a negative PCR test, but when I flew to the UK (appreciate US could be different) the test could be done up to 3 days before departure - there was no other requirement for leaving Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk