Australian Open - Tennis

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Australian Open - Tennis

Post by Lost »

Couldn't care less about the men's game. Emma's back in her first grand slam since winning the US Open! :D

A winning start today in the first round. 0-6 6-2 1-6. Through to round 2 which is on Thursday sometime I think. To be fair she's had some rubbish results leading up to this so not getting my hopes up but fingers crossed.

1642510101788_lc_galleryImage_epa09693017_Emma_Raducanu.jpeg
1642510101788_lc_galleryImage_epa09693017_Emma_Raducanu.jpeg (30.86 KiB) Viewed 189 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Re: Australian Open - Tennis

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:04 pm Couldn't care less about the men's game. Emma's back in her first grand slam since winning the US Open! :D

A winning start today in the first round. 0-6 6-2 1-6. Through to round 2 which is on Thursday sometime I think. To be fair she's had some rubbish results leading up to this so not getting my hopes up but fingers crossed.
Certainly a good start from Emma, and to be honest not one I was expecting after quite frankly some fairly disastrous displays recently. Truly hope she has a good run in Melbourne.

"NoVax" Djokovic and his whole petulant visa saga has brought a dark cloud over the competition, especially the men's draw - Kyrgios is his usual obnoxious self, but Murray seems to be on a little run. His best days are long gone, but he reached the final of the Sydney Classic and favourite for his next match in Melbourne. I'll follow with some interest, but can't pretend to be "that" interested to watch at some unholy hour.....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Emma's game against 98th ranked Danka Kovinić should be on around 8am UK time tomorrow. On the usual streaming sites. I watched her first game on vipstand.se without interruption which made a nice change, but it's not the most reliable site. Usually have to reload the screen, or change the stream source, 4 or 5 times during a footy match.

:cheers:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:24 am

"NoVax" Djokovic and his whole petulant visa saga has brought a dark cloud over the competition, especially the men's draw .....
Ah, Djokovic. The first sportsman barred from a competition for refusing to take drugs. :laugh:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Emma just arrived on court for anyone interested in watching. I'm watching on the below link. Not a great picture, if anyone has a HD link, kindly post. :D

https://www.vipstand.se/margaret-court- ... -stream/1/

:cheers:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

What a trooper Emma is. Stormed into a 3-0 lead before a hand injury restricted her to a forehand slice on that side. No power shots. Lost the the next four or five games in a row and then the set. But, though somewhat handicapped, she's pulled it back to a set each.

Come on, Emma. :D
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Unfortunately she couldn’t quite raise her game and lost the 3rd set 3-6!!
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Yup, early exit but a valiant effort in the circumstances. Ho hum, that's the Oz Open done for me early. :(
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:18 pm Yup, early exit but a valiant effort in the circumstances. Ho hum, that's the Oz Open done for me early. :(
Didn't catch it, but not good news. Not a good day for the Brits with Murray also having a 'mare. Oh well, I'll just look forward to the embarrassment of my teams in rugby this weekend... :oops: :roll: :(

As a side note lost - try cricfree.tv or buffstreams.tv for sport streaming.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Normal British tennis service resumed. Can't say I care much to be honest. About time Murray hung his racket up while he still has a bit of dignity left.
This is the way