Premier League 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2021-22

Post by Dannie Boy »

I know he’s no longer a Premier League player (many will be pleased), but this depicts the worst of the extravagance displayed by many - Aubameyangs car collection!!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/barc ... 80564.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You seldom read that a lot of these guys are living in an inner city flat eating at the corner diner by the time they are 65. American sports stars as well. The media tries to avoid those type stories like the plague. Many simply get ripped off by their financial managers, as their time in school spent on all sports and not learning much.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Spurs fans will lament their club not getting Traore to join them

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... tenham/amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Whilst the player should be embarrassed by his actions and something I find abhorrent, I fail to understand why his employer should be taking action against him, surely it’s either an offence that should be prosecuted by the police or RSPCA?
West Ham United player Kurt Zouma caught kicking and hitting his cat - more here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60299426
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 pm Whilst the player should be embarrassed by his actions and something I find abhorrent, I fail to understand why his employer should be taking action against him, surely it’s either an offence that should be prosecuted by the police or RSPCA?
West Ham United player Kurt Zouma caught kicking and hitting his cat - more here.

IMHO both the police and RSPCA should be taking action, but certainly the latter.

That said, happy his club has taken a stand.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

What these you players forget is the influence they have on the young followers. Therefore they have to be on there best behaviour 24/7. Further comment he needs to check what his friends and relations are likely to do. He did this indoors which "friend/relation" posted this. The club have to take a stand otherwise the general public will think they agree with what he did.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:53 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 pm Whilst the player should be embarrassed by his actions and something I find abhorrent, I fail to understand why his employer should be taking action against him, surely it’s either an offence that should be prosecuted by the police or RSPCA?

IMHO both the police and RSPCA should be taking action, but certainly the latter.

That said, happy his club has taken a stand.

I get the point about the Club making a stand to reflect that he’s in the public image and therefore they want to distance themselves from his actions, but it was the fact that the initial report that inferred the police/RSPCA didn’t seem to be sufficiently concerned that got me - I still believe that it it is they who should be leading the action and the club supporting that. Hopefully he’ll end up with a metaphoric “kick up the *rse”!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:00 am I get the point about the Club making a stand to reflect that he’s in the public image and therefore they want to distance themselves from his actions, but it was the fact that the initial report that inferred the police/RSPCA didn’t seem to be sufficiently concerned that got me - I still believe that it it is they who should be leading the action and the club supporting that. Hopefully he’ll end up with a metaphoric “kick up the *rse”!!
Have to agree DB - certainly not against your views on why the club acted first.

With the Muppet's actions, the video post on social media and the complete media backlash, the twunt should get what he deserves.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

The RSPCA remove Zouma's cats
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Meanwhile, at the foot of the table, the relegation battles is becoming more interesting than the top of the table and some of the certain candidates for relegation are trying to make a fight of it - probably all decided on the last day of the season, whereas failing a collapse, Man City will have wrapped up another title long before then!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I watched the BBC highlights of yesterday’s Premiere league matches - some great games and great results - unless you’re a Spurs supporter that is, Southampton played really well and just edged it 2-3 - where’s Lost when you need him?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:I watched the BBC highlights of yesterday’s Premiere league matches - some great games and great results - unless you’re a Spurs supporter that is, Southampton played really well and just edged it 2-3 - where’s Lost when you need him?
He's probably busy trying to cash out on his Spurs to finish 2nd bet(not that he'll get anything now)!!

Spurs defence looked almost as bad as Everton's, and that's really saying something!(but at least Spurs will play Prem League footy next season! ImageImage)

Take nothing away from Saints though, their Manager doing a great job

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Another 3 points lost by Spurs in their games in hand
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

“Everybody’s favourite” Harry Kane, scored the winner in a thrilling 2-3 victory against league leaders Man City.

“That's one of the best all-round centre-forward performances I've seen all season, anywhere" is how Alan Shearer described Kane's display on Match of the Day.

This will have given Liverpool a boost in their chase to catch City who remain 6 points ahead, with Liverpool one game in hand. It’s looking like the game between City and Liverpool on the 9th April could be much more important than it was looking just a few weeks ago. Maybe both the title decider and final relegation spots will be decided on the last game of the season, scheduled for the 22nd May.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

After some recent lack-lustre performances, Man Utd played well yesterday and came out deserved winners 2-4 against Leeds in a highly entertaining game. They are now in 4th position, although some of the chasing teams have games in hand, which could see them go above Utd (most notably Arsenal and Spurs amongst others).