Pies in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Pies in Hua Hin

Post by caller »

I'm not sure Zebwar are selling frozen meat pies anymore. I was there last week and they only had fruit pies. They came from Andreannas in any case.

I think for consistency of quality HHAD win the day. Do they still sell via the old supermarket In town?
Talk is cheap
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Thank you everyone

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:51 pm I think for consistency of quality HHAD win the day. Do they still sell via the old supermarket In town?
I think you mean HHH&B :D

Yes, they are still sold in the old Shopping Mall supermarket.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lol! Okay good - thanks. Easier than going up to the shop and I just ran out of bacon!
Talk is cheap
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:12 pm
caller wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:51 pm I think for consistency of quality HHAD win the day. Do they still sell via the old supermarket In town?
I think you mean HHH&B :D

Yes, they are still sold in the old Shopping Mall supermarket.
Where is the old shopping mall supermarket? At the crossroads near the police station and petch road ?

Regards

And
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that's it, across the road from Hua Hin Temple.

Points 51; Position 21
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

I saw a post on FB about Tasty Jack’s Pies, a father/son effort which is based out of Pranburi. They only do delivery and pickup. People were posting rave reviews and the place was offering free mashed potatoes & gravy and sides of red chicken/yellow curry if you ordered at least 800 baht worth of product.
I am still a newbie when it comes to pies, and have enjoyed what I’ve purchased, but have never really been “wowed” by anything. I decided to give Tasty Jack’s a try. I ordered two each of four different pies. I got a bunch of free mashed potatoes & gravy, as well as one green chicken curry and one yellow chicken curry. Four of the pies were chicken based and each of those pies also came with a side of cream sauce.
So the first thing I had was the green chicken curry, haha! It was really, really good! The chicken was super tender and actually tasted like it had been brined before cooking. I don’t know if that is the case, but it was very flavorful.
The next day I had a chicken, ham, and leek pie. Great pie. Really. The best I’ve had so far. The crust is really nice and the filling was very flavorful. The mashed potatoes & gravy…? Meh…very bland potatoes that were a bit thin, and the gravy was nothing I couldn’t whip up from that granulated stuff I get at A&P. Oh, and the cream sauce for the chicken pies? Very nice. I have never heard of that, but a little bit drizzled on a mashed up chicken pie is really a nice touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been onto his page to have a look. They look a bit pricey compared with local pies, although the photos do look very nice, but I'd be surprised if his promotional photos looked any different.

As far as business pages go, I found it very lacking in information, and it looks as if the deal you got was limited to the first 20 customers.

Out of interest, what weight were the pies please?

Points 51; Position 21
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:00 pm I've been onto his page to have a look. They look a bit pricey compared with local pies, although the photos do look very nice, but I'd be surprised if his promotional photos looked any different.

As far as business pages go, I found it very lacking in information, and it looks as if the deal you got was limited to the first 20 customers.

Out of interest, what weight were the pies please?
I didn’t know the answer to your question, so I just pulled one out of the freezer, took it out of its packaging, and weighed it. It is a chicken & mushroom pie and it weighs exactly 270g. As far as the promotion deal limited to the first 20 customers, I think he will extend the offer to anyone who asks.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

So what is the normal price for a ham & chicken pie - no first 20 etc etc and I am not (nor will I be) a FB user?

Also not interested in free mash etc
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

PET wrote:So what is the normal price for a ham & chicken pie - no first 20 etc etc and I am not (nor will I be) a FB user?

Also not interested in free mash etc
[Mod Edit] Terms and conditions do not permit posting of menus

Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

[Mod Edit] Terms and conditions do not permit posting of menus
Sorry, that first picture got cropped. I don’t know why.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Terms and conditions don't permit us to post menus, but a Chicken, Ham & Leek pie would cost 120฿. Add to that the cost of having to collect from a mystery point in Pranburi, it is quite an expensive meal when there are decent suppliers in Hua Hin.

Points 51; Position 21
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:27 pm Terms and conditions don't permit us to post menus, but a Chicken, Ham & Leek pie would cost 120฿. Add to that the cost of having to collect from a mystery point in Pranburi, it is quite an expensive meal when there are decent suppliers in Hua Hin.
I met him on Soi 112 and the delivery charge was 80 baht. There is nothing special about these pies to warrant paying extra and driving out of your way, agreed. It’s a really good pie, but still no “wow” factor for me. And I have a freezer full of sub-par mashed potatoes taking up space! Haha
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'd say that however tasty they are it becomes price prohibitive.

I'll stick with Nany's at 85 baht.