Immigration visits by 'appointment'

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Immigration visits by 'appointment'

Post by KhunLA »

Has HH Imm instituted this ? Anyone use yet, and or, does it work or matter ?

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calen ... /bookings/
Big Boy

Re: Immigration visits by 'appointment'

Post by Big Boy »

No idea if it's implemented yet, but it sounds a great idea if it works. Immigration personnel are fine. It's the thought of a long wait that I dread,
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

KhunLA wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:08 am Has HH Imm instituted this ? Anyone use yet, and or, does it work or matter ?

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calen ... /bookings/
Fri. I received a notice that my 1 yr. marriage visa extension was ready to be picked up and no mention was made of an appt. and when I applied, in Nov. nothing was said. Anyway, how would anyone know? It's not like it's advertised.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Apparently they're keeping it a secret. And a good job at that.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I tried this last week and the good news is that the website works which is because they're using Microsoft and not a self-hand-coded page full of flaws and errors. Got a confirmation quickly and the appointment was Friday afternoon which wouldn't be that busy anyway.

Into the office and straight to the "online appointment" window which was empty only to get scowled at by a fat woman that ordered me to take a ticket. She gave me a blank look when I said I'd booked it online and didn't appear to reference anything on a computer.

Fortunately, there was hardly anyone in there so I was called over to another desk straight away to get the re-entry permit (which took half an hour as a new girl was being trained how to do it).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, so a website that actually works, but the humans haven't been integrated. Sounds like another complete waste of time.

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

A warning that queues and wait times in immigration at the moment are horrendous (though if your name is HHTel, you will get seen instantly :duck:). Even at 3pm on Tuesday, there was a backlog of 7 people waiting for annual visa renewals. I was only there for collection and re-entry so took every ticket option and went to the first that came up which was the 90-day desk (it still took half an hour).

This would be a good time to test the online appointment system ... if it still works. It does seem to be a mass of confusion in there regarding appointments from what I witnessed.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Did mine before Christmas. Immigration was heaving both downstairs and upstairs. I counted 30 in the queue whilst waiting upstairs.
I paid extra for a 'fastrack'. Not at all legal but 'money talks' and it works.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:51 am I paid extra for a 'fastrack'. Not at all legal but 'money talks' and it works.
Tell us more.

Points 51; Position 21
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Did my 1 Yr extension Wed 14 Dec. Also used 'fastrack'. In at 0830 out at 0930 all done.
Saw online sign above one desk but no one used it.