TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by Dannie Boy »

Another new series (especially) for Brits, is a drama on ITV called “A Spy Among Friends” starring Damien Lewis and Guy Pearce (amongst other notable faces) and based on the 1960’s spy scandal of Kim Philby working as a KGB spy. Only watched the first episode (of 6) so far, but it looks ok.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:Another new series (especially) for Brits, is a drama on ITV called “A Spy Among Friends” starring Damien Lewis and Guy Pearce (amongst other notable faces) and based on the 1960’s spy scandal of Kim Philby working as a KGB spy. Only watched the first episode (of 6) so far, but it looks ok.
Yes as mentioned a few posts above by Sateeb.

I'm on episode 3 now, really liking it Image

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

thecolonel wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:03 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:Another new series (especially) for Brits, is a drama on ITV called “A Spy Among Friends” starring Damien Lewis and Guy Pearce (amongst other notable faces) and based on the 1960’s spy scandal of Kim Philby working as a KGB spy. Only watched the first episode (of 6) so far, but it looks ok.

Yes, one I've seen advertised and like the look of. It's available on the new UK streaming service "ITVx" - it's a freebie with adverts, but a paid "advert free" upgrade with additional shows/movies is available - not something I'll be paying for, but it may be worth looking at the freebie version with a (UK) VPN in Thailand to see if it works.....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:03 pm

Yes, one I've seen advertised and like the look of. It's available on the new UK streaming service "ITVx" - it's a freebie with adverts, but a paid "advert free" upgrade with additional shows/movies is available - not something I'll be paying for, but it may be worth looking at the freebie version with a (UK) VPN in Thailand to see if it works.....

That’s how I’ve been watching it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Ooops
Last edited by pharvey on Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:05 am
pharvey wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:03 pm Yes as mentioned a few posts above by Sateeb.

In Thailand - Overseas - VPN? All good if it is! :thumb:
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Has anyone seen the mini series "Dopesick" from Hulu? Is it worth watching?

YNWA

YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:27 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:05 am
pharvey wrote:

In Thailand - Overseas - VPN? All good if it is! :thumb:
It’s how I keep some form of sanity - without the VPN I don’t know what I’d do - ok I know others subscribe to various Thai TV facilities although with varying degrees of hiccups, but for me the VPN is the best (and relatively cheap) solution - problems are relatively few and far between 🤞. :cheers:
Last edited by Dannie Boy on Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

huahin4ever wrote:Has anyone seen the mini series "Dopesick" from Hulu? Is it worth watching?

YNWA
Superb!

Would be in my top 5 shows of 2022 for sure

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Pinoydave
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pinoydave »

New series of Silent Witness begins tonight…… hope it goes back to its roots and forgets its recent wokeness
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just started 1883 which is a prelude to Yellowstone, if you liked that and westerns in general, you'll like this.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13991232/

In the same genre, and part of the same story is 1923 with Harison Ford. Haven't started it yet, but it looks good.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18335752/

Another one I'll be starting soon is Mosquito Coast, a series based on the superb 1986 movie, which was based on the book.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11041132/

Also downloaded the Mayor of Kingston which could be worth a look.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11712058/

All are available on eztv, which also has a handy list and countdown to upcoming series: https://eztv.re/countdown/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

buksida wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:45 am Just started 1883 which is a prelude to Yellowstone, if you liked that and westerns in general, you'll like this.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13991232/
It's turning into a binge watch. Dammit buksi, sci-fi, westerns, bikes; I don't want to make pharvey jealous, but I think I love you... :oops:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:53 am I don't want to make pharvey jealous, but I think I love you... :oops:
It's strong I know, but you're becoming quite the slag DM.... :roll: :guns: - You can keep the cat!

[EDIT] Need to rewatch/restart Yellowstone before venturing into 1883 - certainly looks good though!! :thumb:

I made the mistake of rewatching/starting "Lost" (the series, not the Forum member) the other night..... Bloody hooked again!!

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:12 am Need to rewatch/restart Yellowstone before venturing into 1883 - certainly looks good though!! :thumb:
It is good, but you don't need to watch Yellowstone again, or for the first time.
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:53 am Dammit buksi, sci-fi, westerns, bikes; I don't want to make pharvey jealous, but I think I love you... :oops:
You know me, tend to avoid anything with "brutal murders" or Welsh detectives in the description! :thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson