Mystery Users

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Big Boy

Mystery Users

Post by Big Boy »

Quite often, when I look to see who is on line on HHAD, I see that there are X Registered, X Hidden and X Guests.

Who are these mystery Hidden users of the system please?

Do they contribute, or do they just browse?

If they just browse, why aren't they just shown as Guests?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I always assumed it was those that choose to hide their on-line status - its a profile option?

Maybe if someone doesn't want to be seen looking at a certain thread, for example. Not that I have any idea why anyone would want to do that?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks caller, that solves the mystery. I've just changed my profile, and became hidden. Changed it back again, and hey presto....

As you say - don't really see the benefit.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

mystery

Post by redzonerocker »

didnt know about the hidden status but as you rightly point out, its in the profile section.
can't see the point other than, they're up to no good sneaking around in the shadows!! :twisted:
quite similar to those people that withhold their number when ringing someone, again, usually up to something cos theres little point in doing that either.:twisted:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Sometimes I'm just too lazy to sign on, so I browse for a few minutes as a 'guest' while passing through. I'll only sign on if I feel I've got something useful to contribute.

Why waste time signing on as a hidden user (assuming you're only going to browse) when you have the same anonymity as a guest? :roll:
วินเชนท์
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

mystery

Post by redzonerocker »

i sometimes browse as a guest, thats no big deal.
wouldn't imagine you can post a reply with your identity hidden?? or can you? :shock:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

There is an option to remain "hidden" in your profile which doesnt show you as being logged in on the "whos online list"

We can see them all however and know which members choose to do this so it does beg the question as to what some members may be hiding from!

Additionally we have had a lot of new signups in the last 24 hours, we shall be keeping an eye on them and IP addresses in light of recent events on the boards.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

mystery

Post by redzonerocker »

its good to know that things are kept under control. it can sometimes be a tedious & thankless task keeping control on a forum such as this.
so many different personalities, opinions & discussions.as in any environment or community there will always be disputes & disagreements but it how they are dealt with that is most important.
this site is a nice way for me to stay in touch with thailand & particularly hua hin & is also a great source of information that covers a vast number of important (& sometimes not so important)topics.
it is a credit to the moderaters & everyone involved in the creation & day to day running of hhad & long may it continue.