Buying online from Lazada

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by Big Boy »

20฿ voucher? Is that across the board? Is this why the delivery failed entry goes into the history, when it is obvious no delivery attempt has taken place?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:20฿ voucher? Is that across the board? Is this why the delivery failed entry goes into the history, when it is obvious no delivery attempt has taken place?
No idea. It appears as a highlighted message in the order progress details. Never seen it before.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Proof that my parcel was delivered today :laugh:
proof.png
proof.png (13.69 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
At least its consistent.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

hhinner wrote:
Big Boy wrote:20฿ voucher? Is that across the board? Is this why the delivery failed entry goes into the history, when it is obvious no delivery attempt has taken place?
No idea. It appears as a highlighted message in the order progress details. Never seen it before.
Came today so no voucher.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Forecast delivery dates are becoming a bit of a joke with Lazada. I would estimate 50% of expected delivery dates are rubbish. I usually track delivery, and if there is no action by the expected delivery date i.e. status still 'seller to pack', I contact the shop and ask if there is a problem. This is what my latest delayed delivery said to me today:
I'm very sorry, the time is only a reference allocated by the system. However, the actual delivery time shall prevail.
At least this supplier engaged in conversation with me. If I'm ignored, I will usually cancel and order elsewhere.

OK, of course the actual delivery time shall prevail (stupid statement really), but if they know the Lazada algorithm is fcuk'd, why not fix it? These guys are losing business because of a faulty IT system. Yes, I know it is very hard to believe there is a faulty IT system in Thailand.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes they could learn a lot by studying the Amazon model - it’s very slick these days including a countdown from something like 8 customers before you, until it reaches “you’re next”!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I have bought quite a lot of various different items using Lazada recently and have not had many problems. The now infamous “packed by seller” type of statement has occurred to stifle cancellation and is annoying but avoiding any seller without any reviews or just a mix of letters rather than a proper name has reduced this happening too often. I have even had automatic refunds where a seller has not despatched the item in time.
When I really need an item a local purchase will have a price penalty but that’s life.
I would say that while far from perfect, things are okay generally and the majority of deliveries are acceptable.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The item in question was deliberately ordered from Bangkok because I wanted it fast, after the first purchased from China simply overheated and died - currently in the returns process. The item from China, although faulty arrived faster than it is taking the item from Bangkok to be packed. I suspect the Bangkok company has ordered from China, and will re-pack when they receive it, and send it on to me.

I'm thinking the expected delivery date is just the ruse to get you to buy from them in the first instance,

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:34 pm The item in question was deliberately ordered from Bangkok because I wanted it fast, after the first purchased from China simply overheated and died - currently in the returns process. The item from China, although faulty arrived faster than it is taking the item from Bangkok to be packed. I suspect the Bangkok company has ordered from China, and will re-pack when they receive it, and send it on to me.

I'm thinking the expected delivery date is just the ruse to get you to buy from them in the first instance,
I’ve definitely experienced the same - why can’t they be honest and say it’s an import?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:34 pm The item in question was deliberately ordered from Bangkok because I wanted it fast, after the first purchased from China simply overheated and died - currently in the returns process.
I presumed it was in the returns process. Flash collected it Sunday. I thought I'd check the status today to see how it was progressing:
Return2.png
Return2.png (61.05 KiB) Viewed 674 times
I contacted the online chat person today. The response was she could do nothing about it. She would report it up the line, and somebody MIGHT contact me by e-mail.

The family have been instructed future returns must have photograph of delivery boy, package in hand together with his bike registration. I'm quite P'd that they can lose it, and there is no liability. Fortunately, not too expensive.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Good news is, after my kick up the rear end, they've found the lost package (5 days later), and it's progressing through the system again.

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

We ordered a new fridge/freezer on Lazada because the deals and prices were better than buying in Hua Hin's premium shops. What we thought would be a quick 2-3 day delivery period has turned into weeks. What it won't tell you is when items are not in stock or have to be shipped from China first (and this was from the official store.)
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:13 am Good news is, after my kick up the rear end, they've found the lost package (5 days later), and it's progressing through the system again.
Bad news is the replacement item is now packed up waiting to be returned. Completely different make, etc. It gets to about 200Gb and stops copying - throws out error messages, etc. Loses the abilty to create folders i.e. can copy files, but all into a single folder. Both devices supposedly 2Tb.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Caveat emptor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Ah. The hard disk story. I always buy from an official store (WD , Seagate, Toshiba) or a reputable store such as Jib or Advice. Have even bought from BigC online. Never any problem.