Mobile SIM Registration Name Must Match Mobile Banking Name

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Mobile SIM Registration Name Must Match Mobile Banking Name

Post by VincentD »

I have more than one sim card. The one on the smart phone is with True on a monthly plan, I got another top up sim about 8 years ago on a dumb phone (no camera) for when my mum came to visit and now use it as an emergency phone in the car. Oh, and there's also a sim in the car's gps unit that is also a top up card.
วินเชนท์
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Ratsima wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:43 pm
Big Boy wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:40 pm Does anybody know how to check what your SIM is registered as please?
The DTAC app shows the name of the person who registered the SIM. Not sure about other carriers.
Where? I have two different numbers active in the app. Both are working, and I'm pretty sure they both were registered "On Site" at Market Village using my passport sometime many moons ago.

In my profile in the app one number say "Unregistered" and the other number says nothing.

Screenshot_2024-05-29_13-03-26.png
Screenshot_2024-05-29_13-02-42.png
Screenshot_2024-05-29_13-02-42.png (91.26 KiB) Viewed 424 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

Diving into the mule account crackdown
Authorities began checking the names of mobile banking account holders and mobile subscribers on Monday to see if they match, part of a joint effort led by the Digital Economy and Society (DES) Ministry.

The ministry reassured mobile banking subscribers their accounts can still be used normally during the examination process.

DES Minister Prasert Jantararuangthong and authorities working to control mule accounts told users they can continue to conduct online banking transactions during the data examination, which is expected to take 120 days, ending in October.

Mule accounts are often used by fraudsters.

What will happen after 120 days?

Some mobile banking subscribers wondered what happens after the deadline of 120 days, as authorities did not provide a clear outline of the next steps.

Mr Prasert said later the joint panel would deliberate on measures after October, including the possibility of extending the period to conduct the data review.

The ministry expects many suspected mule accounts will be eliminated during the 120 days, he said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ge ... -crackdown
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson