A new bar on Poonsuk road, good location or a dump place?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
MURF

Post by MURF »

richard wrote:A losers bar anyway
Over all your posts here you knock people and talk a load of shite while at the same time tell us that your mates bars are the best until you get ripped off and then you slag them off also.
In another post you tell us that you came to Thailand to be with Thais then why dont you feck off to issan and leave decent people and their business alone.Even in Thailand there are laws against slander.
Take a good look at your self before you call anyone a loser again.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks Murf for your duplicate posts

You seem a little bit bitter and twisted. If you review my posts properly, you will see that 90% plus are positive. As for your comment about looking in the mirror! I've never been a loser and never will be. I know plenty here that have though

I do NOT have mates that run bars. I have acquaintances and all bars are a roller coaster. One minute up, next minute down. I have never owned the lease to a bar and never wish to. My comments are from a customer viewpoint

Your quote
leave decent people and their business alone

Not sure where you are coming from. I know many decent people and business men, but there are also rogues here too.

My opinions are purely based on my experiences and are for others to learn from

Regarding living with Thais why should I come here in the first place and why should I trek north east? I like to see a balance between the locals and the visitors BUT it is Thailand and despite all the influx of farangs, will remain THAI (I hope)

Unlike my home country now though :roll:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Bar on Poonsuk Road

Post by margaretcarnes »

I'd given up on this thread for a while. Didn't like the way it was going. But have to ask the question Richard - why do you say Murf sounds bitter and twisted? I really can't see any justification for that remark. He is just making some valid points.
At least now we all know that your wealth of experience doesn't include owning a lease. Maybe if it did you might have a little more understanding of the problems involved.
As for 'just having acquaintances' ...........
MURF

Post by MURF »

No my sad friend it is you who is bitter and twisted,in the last month you have slaged off many business "the bar next ot torros-maybe they put that music on when they see you come for a moan to get rid of ya,sara janes you had breaklfast there in dec,in jan you tell us it was crap, b bills you said it was crap-I know many people who have been going there for years myself included that have never had a problem with the food or service,you claimed on a public forum that you heard my food was dodgy-thats just slander people many I do not know have pulled you on this,you claimed another time we kept you waiting 20 minutes for a beer-the only person that waits 20 minutes for a beer in there is me and that is when my wife is there or maybe my staff are like the staff next to torro bar they just do not want to serve you,now you call me 1st a loser,bitter and twisted.Again look in the mirror you started all this by calling someone a loser,I don't know you and I don't know what your problem is,but like a few months ago with trigger and you slagging off the cantina.You started all this by using a public forum to voice your bitterness.You tell this forum that the managment and staff in a business are crap,when they have been closed for 5 months rebuilding trying to give us in Hua Hin something better then the rat infested bars of yesteryear -then a few days later you say sorry you were wrong again and now you love this place--what of the people who read your 1st post and came to Hua Hin the next day and have not seen your 2nd post,they think it is crap and maybe avoid this business so the managment and the staff lose out because of you your hearsay and unfounded quotes.Last year you told us how great the pink f was ,cashier everyone a week later it was the worst bar in town because the cashier wanted to charge you a bar fine.
You offend many people and you post too many ad's for business that are your mates yes I say your mates because you always use their christan names
I can go on with your quotes but frankly I have better things to do then waste my time reminding you of everything you say.

To everyone else in this forum all the above business listed above I and many of my friends love them give them a try,don't let the twisted and bitter mind of 1 person put you off,try them yourself give them 1 drink- if you like it them stay and enjoy.
I went to the bar next to torro that richard told us to avoid last week with my american friend he asked could they play a blues cd that he had and they did- all of it,we rang many bells and enjoyed the rest is a blur.

Mods are there not rules that do not allow people to use this forum for personal attacks,slander etc. in the famous T&Cs,I think there is,so way are they not inforced.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

MURF,
I think you are referring to this -
12. Flaming: flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be banned from all further discussions. It is forbidden to make accusatory or slanderous comments against any other member without substantiated evidence to back up the claim.
I am referring this issue to Admin to deal with, so no more discussion of that in this thread please. However I am recommending to them at least a warning for richard as several people have felt that his comments overstep the mark. If you are reading this richard then please moderate your posts from now on, or you risk being banned.
Now on to my personal opinion, rather than a moderators one - I think it is OK to voice your opinion on any given establishment on any particular day but care must be taken; for example it's OK to say 'I didn't like this bar because I found the drinks too expensive and the music too loud' - an opinion and a justification has been given. What is not needed are opinions on the other patrons as these will change from day to day, nor strong opinions based on just one visit, as this can be both misleading (they may have had all the staff call in sick for example) and as MURF says harmful to the business. Hopefully the majority of readers of this forum will recognise a lone voice criticising amongst many praising as being just that - a small minority that is unhappy about a place. Maybe their standards are higher than the rest, maybe they got out of the wrong side of the bed, maybe they are pining for Isaan, whatever the reason their opinion on that occasion is still valid but somewhat devalued, especially if they are continually negative about several places. richard did well in retracting his remarks about Buffalo Bills, and credit must also be given to Bill for his response, but some damage must have been done and that is why reasoned posts not rants are required; hopefully though the old adage of 'any publicity is good publicity' still holds true.
Finally, the first resort of someone who has been unhappy with a place should be to speak to the boss there and then; most landlords and restaurant owners will want to know if their staff have been slovenly or not doing their jobs well, and I think they should be grateful if someone tells them what they are unhappy about, rather than reading it on here and seeing their takings go down.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Your either pissed or confused, or both

You have got the wrong person

Only vary rarely have a drink down Binterban If I do it's only Torros

Never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a drink anywhere

Never heard of cantina

Never slammed SJ's I eat there breakfast and Dinner at least 3 times a week

By his own admittance BB agreed his previous place was not up to standard. Now I use the place regularly and Bill and I are on good terms

What ads for business? Who's Christian names have I used? Dont have a clue what you are talking about

In future I think you should PM me and get off this thread

I'm shutting down

Tell me which bar you are leasing and maybe I'll pay you a visit and you can vent face to face. Don't know anything about your food

LOMU

Take your point and accept some of my postings have sometimes been slightly aggressive. As a rule if I dont like the place I do tell the owner of my findings. As a result of some of my previous postings many have increased their business.

His accusations were untrue and unfounded and got my goat

MY LAST POSTING ON THIS THREAD
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Just a small point, but I think WL is doing a good job of moderating this thread. It certainly dosn't need my involvement as well :thumb:
News

Post by News »

lomuamart wrote:Just a small point, but I think WL is doing a good job of moderating this thread. It certainly dosn't need my involvement as well :thumb:

Back to the original thread, somebody has taken up the lease on what used to be 'The Ship and it appears that, from the work in progress, it is going to be yet another bar.
Good luck to the new owner, he will need it. From what i've heard it is going to cost him 1.5 million Baht for a three year contract plus 25,000 Baht a month rent.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

So that means over 60,000 Baht per month + the money for furniture and possible further renevations. They will have to do extremely good business to cover that in three years time.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

A falang man who lives out in the sticks by me and bean here about 15 yrs said , if you want to live in Thailand and make a little money, you will have to bring a lot of money with you.