Entering the discussion

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
bajm

Entering the discussion

Post by bajm »

For several years, I have reading this forum as a guest, but I never took part in the discussions so far. The forum has provided us with good information about the expat experiences in HH.
In a couple of years we intend to move to Thailand, the homeland of my wife, to enjoy our retirement.
We are frequent HH visitors, since we always like to stay there for a couple of nights on our way to and from Ban Krut, where we spend our vacation 2 x per year.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi bamj,

I visited Bang Krut for the first time a week ago (been to Bangsapan a few times), what a beautiful place - great water, beaches, mountains and some nice resorts too, where do you stay when you visit and what are the best restaurants and places to go for a beer - all will be good info for people in Hua Hin as its so close.

Look forward to your input.

Cheers,

JW :cheers:
bajm

Post by bajm »

Hi JW,

We don’t stay at a resort. My wife’s family owns a house in BK, which is available to us when we come to Thailand.
BK used to be a place visited by Bankokians in the weekend and until a few years I hardly saw any farang. The best restaurants used to be the ones at the resorts.
Now the place has been discovered, new big resorts are being built rapidly, like Keeree Waree and Arcadia and saw a couple of other resorts under construction.
I am getting more exited about the place and we are now seriously considering buying property over there.
My favorite place to go for a meal and a beer is a place called “the Beach” opposite Banito.
There is a website called bangsaphanguide, which gives some details about Ban Krut and I believe it is also related to HHAD.