Stonehead Tavern

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Been in there 3 times but not much more unless things change - same eagles music every time. Then when the band play same crap ferang singer gets up thinking he can sing sinatra (2 times) played pool on crap table @ 20 baht (1 time) stinging bill (every time). Verdict - same as above 2 posts - needs a change of manager.
redstar2910
Rookie
Rookie

Post by redstar2910 »

Went there last week with the girlfriend.It looks very well and is done up nicely.Not a great selection of drinks,no tiger or heineken.Had some food it was just ok.
The band were good and staff were friendly but it is over priced and not much of an atmosphere.Didnt play pool but it didnt look like a good table.
You can smoke just outside the door going into the bar so at least you dont have to go downstairs and outside everytime you want a smoke.
Wont be rushing back!
Chas
Banned
Banned

My last experience there

Post by Chas »

I went back for a second visit a couple of weeks ago and found it much busier than the first time and as a consequence, much less attractive a place to hang out.

They had a competent and quite good ( better than usual) Filipino trio going at it. .but the evening was pretty much ruined by karoke, specifically by a farang guy who spent ten minutes before each inept rendition of something he liked . . .dithering with the band about arrangements or some such. ( and he did at least four songs. . .I finally went for a stroll outside)

Nothing lowers the class of a bar like one of these idiots.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

just been there and had a bottle of wine. If it wants to be a wine bar type environment, which the armchairs lend themselves to, then it needs to either can the band, or at least turn the volume down.

IMHO, in 10-20 years, thailand is going to have a severe hearing aid problem.