purse snatching- kao takiab

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
E.P.
Novice
Novice

purse snatching- kao takiab

Post by E.P. »

I wanted to advise that my wife had her purse snatched on Nong Khae Rd. near 'The Rock' resort in Kao Takiab on May 11. Success breeds repetition with these types, and the robbery seemed to be well planned. She was riding her bicycle when a motorbike sped past and took the purse, which was underneath a bag of groceries in the bike's basket. We believe the thief saw her come out of the first 7-11 in Kao Takiab, then followed her past Papa John's where the theft occurred. He appeared to plan a location where no one would be around. It was also suspiciously close to the temporary housing for construction workers in the area. He was wearing a light brown jacket that was pulled up over his head, and riding a black motorbike. Of course the police had very little to say about it. I know this is an all too regular occurance, but I wnated to send a warning if you are in that area, including the Hyatt or Let's Sea.
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

Thanks for the warning - First i've heard of in that area.

As mentioned in other Posts on this Topic - this sort of crime appears to be on the increase

At least no-one was hurt

Regards Sabai Jai
miked
Professional
Professional

Post by miked »

E.P.
i can't understand why your wife made it so easy for the thieves. never have any valuables on show, hide your purse etc out of sight. why make yourself a target.???
miked
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

i can't understand why your wife made it so easy for the thieves. never have any valuables on show, hide your purse etc out of sight. why make yourself a target.???
Of course that's good advice Miked, but some of us moved here to the "Land of Smiles" thinking it was a bit safer than it has become lately so it's easy to get caught not looking over your shoulder all the time.

When many of us moved here, either these crimes didn't happen very often or they weren't publicized anywhere. It seems to be becoming all to common these days.

One would think we were in Amsterdam, East London or East L.A.!
miked
Professional
Professional

Post by miked »

i don't think crime is worse here now than twenty years ago. largely due to the internet we are all far more aware of the crime. i still think that Thailand is much safer than the U.k. a few simple security measures should be observed by us all and having your purse under your shopping is not one to recommend.
security at all times, don't make it easy for them.
miked
Mr T
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mr T »

From what I see on my travels and talking to people at work, who come from various locations around the world the increase in crime is worldwide.
I know its no conselation for the scare your wife got, sorry to hear about that.
I work in Angola and it has never been an overly safe place but it has got way worse in the last 6 months.
In a way you cant blame the opertunist who wants only to feed his/her family.
Just like was previously said its good advice for all just to take care and be a little more defensive than normal.
miked
Professional
Professional

Post by miked »

Mr T
if you work in Angola you are a braver man than me. i think you must be the original Mr T from the A team. good luck to you.
miked
Mr T
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mr T »

miked wrote:Mr T
if you work in Angola you are a braver man than me. i think you must be the original Mr T from the A team. good luck to you.
miked
55555! Like anywhere you just have to keep your witts about you. Once you know a place its a little easier to stay out of trouble even in West Africa.
You might be right about the Mr T, every time it comes to going back to work I feel myself wanting to call my Company to tell them "I aint gettin on no plane" :mrgreen: