wheelchair bound?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

wheelchair bound?

Post by huahinsimon »

Any other wheelchair bound unfortunates out there who care to share stories of inspiration and just plain coping?

HHS
The devil made me do it the first time.
The second time I did it on my own.

When I finally got to the land of milk and honey, the milkman shot me

Happy wife, Happy life!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Hello hhs. Quite a few results worth investigating when googling 'paraplegic forum'.

Having heard you went for a dip in the pool recently I'd say you are the one who is inspiring! :thumb:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHS, sorry, but I haven't the time to check right now, but not long ago, a 'wheelie' on here was posting about his experiences, where was good to go, where wasn't and the like!

I hope you have a learner plate!
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think this is the thread caller is talking about http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/di ... 1038.html?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It is indeed - thx BB! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

wheelchair bound?

Post by margaretcarnes »

Yes that was the thread, and it was very interesting to hear the comments about the access problems (in HuaHin) - but also praise for the amount of help given by locals.
Great to hear you have wheels HHS. Well done. Your progress and determination should be an inspiration to others. IMO you now have the chance to get to a wider audience. There are many people with disabilities who just give up, sit back, moan, and expect everything to be provided for them on a plate.
How about starting your own blog or website? Tell your story just as it is.
For starters there's a forum I use in the UK - www.youreable.co.uk
Many of those forum users would be shaken to the core to hear your story, and ongoing experiences with the wheels! You might help some of them to realise how fortunate they are to live in a Welfare State.
Keep believing, and keep posting with your progress :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
miked
Professional
Professional

Post by miked »

huahinsimon wrote

now thats what i call a sense of humour. hhs i think your coping well and you are an insperation to us all. good luck to you.
miked
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

floating in Paradise

Post by huahinsimon »

While exercising in bed, I thought how nice it would be to get off my back and butt. Bingo!! I had a scuba vest (BC) So we inflated it and it worked perfectly. But cupped hands didn't provide much resistance so I got a pair of paddles to give more resistance. HHDolly holds my legs and I do 250 strokes. Should help muscles for pushing wheel chair.

will visit those other sites. thanks all for your support

HHS

Happy wife, Happy life!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Hi huahinsimon

I'm a great believer in the power of forgiveness. Not because it gives the perpetrator a free pass but because it releases you to move on. People who are consumed by thoughts of revenge or anger, generally burn up themselves, while the other party isn't giving them a thought. (Ex-wives/husbands come to mind.)

As to the person(s) who shot you. According to one school of thought. God has a suitable punishment. Burning in the fires of hell for all eternity. The Catholics sure knew how to keep the brethren in line. :shock:

Anyway, with all this heat around, you were wise to cool off. :wink:

No Speedo's???
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

worry not

Post by huahinsimon »

Worry not Mr. Plum. I am not consumed with thoughts of revenge, etc. I guess the land of milk and honey quip made little impression on thee.

I often think I coulda fallen of a moto or had a freak accident then I be on my own. My energy is put into slowly getting stronger. I'm trying accupuncture also. Leave no stone unturned--- might be some neem under there. :D

I can appreciate your comments on forgiveness, but I've found that our letter of "apology" was used by the recepient in an unsportsman like way and twisted by some into blackmail and worse. :cuss:

Any espression of forgiveness before all legal measures are taken might come back to shoot me in the ass.

thanks for the good thoughts.

your servant from Happy Valley

HHS

Happy wife, Happy life!
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinsimon »

perhaps I should explain the hideous avatar. It shows two bullets- - - one at back of head which has been removed Other in neck too close to spinal column - - - -to dangerous to remove. will be my buddy for life

HHS

Happy wife, Happy life!