Any one going to Cambodia

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
yabz

Any one going to Cambodia

Post by yabz »

If anyone is going to Cambodia and would be willing to buy a Khmer sculpture on my behalf from the museum and bring it back, for a suitable fee of course, please contact me.

Thanks.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Is this an Indiana Jones mission to liberate a treasure from the wrong hands? :D

Don't tell me a Cambodian museum is actually selling artifacts? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe this is all secret code about bringing back a Khmer girl. :idea: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
yabz

Post by yabz »

They are reproductions made by art students...sorry I should have made that clear.

There are a lot of reproductions around but these are the best I have seen.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

yabz wrote:They are reproductions made by art students...sorry I should have made that clear.

There are a lot of reproductions around but these are the best I have seen.
There we go, that's the ticket. Perhaps put up the student's web site if they have one.

If the art is good and it's not plunder, there may be interest from other readers. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
yabz

Post by yabz »

They don't have a web site. The sculptures are quite heavy and it wouldn't be an easy thing to sell over the internet.

I have bought a couple of pieces in the past but am not planning on going to Cambodia in the near future, so if any one was going to Phnom Penh museum (well worth seeing BTW) and would be willing to lug a sculpture back I would be happy reimburse them for their time and trouble.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

I just made a return trip to cambodia with Air Asia for 2300 bht
Maybe a better option than asking someone to import something from Cambodia through customs.
yabz

Post by yabz »

2300 bht :D I didn't realize it was so cheap...
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

Can be even cheaper if you are flexible on dates, I just did a quick scan and (for example) 21 aug 1400bht, return 23 aug 700bht = 2100bht inc taxes
Extra of course is the visa cost and the rip off cambodian departure tax ($20 and $25)
But still a cheap option
Magoo
Novice
Novice

Post by Magoo »

If anyone is considering heading to Phnom Penh and would like any info, I will be happy to offer what I have learned on my ventures.
I have been going to PP about every other month for R & R(not for a visa run) and to escape the craziness of Pattaya for 5-6 days
at a time. Unfortunately, I have not done Siam Reap or Ankor Wat....... just cannot drag myself away from the fun in PP for a side trip.