where to get gas tank installed safely for a car?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
joy
Novice
Novice

where to get gas tank installed safely for a car?

Post by joy »

Hello, I drive to Bangkok once/twice a week to get my children from the school and also drive to Cha-am three/four times a week to take my Thai lessons. my car consumes a lot of petrol. my friend told me i can replace the petrol with gas which is cheaper but she doesn't know much more than that. so, can you tell me where to get it sorted in cha-am or hua-hin area? Please email me joyevans@hotmail.co.uk or call me on 084-881-8396
Thank you,
Joy
drdod
Amateur
Amateur

Post by drdod »

hi joy just something to put through your mind.

ive a friend in bkk who could help.but its not just lpg you want.

most taxi drivers are now going with C N G. compressed natural gas.

hope this is of help.

drdod
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Hi Joy

While a gas installation *may* be cheaper to run in the short-term, there are other things to consider.

1. The first is the pay-back of installing the system.

Note there are two distinct types. One is a 'mixer' system, the other an 'injection' system. The mixer system, though cheaper to install, is known to be problematic.

2. Gas fries cylinder heads. You'll need a replacement after about 100,000 km or so. If it's a cheaper Japanese car it won't set you back too much.

3. Lost space where the gas cylinder has to go.

4. LPG is much easier to find than CNG. At many places that do sell CNG, there is often a long queue to fill up, also the 'sold out' sign is displayed often.

5. Many places in Bangkok, especially those with multi-storey car parks, have restrictions on where LPG or CNG fuelled vehicles can park.

6. My local mechanic throws up his hands in disgust at the number of vehicles brought in for no-start problems. The standard car ECU is not programmed to handle gas and can create problems with engine management.

My advice - if you can run a cheaper fuel like gasohol, it's better than gas in the long-term.

Oh, and if you do decide to go ahead with the installation, make sure it is an approved installation center and that you get some form of certification from them.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Oooh. Just looked at the date of the original post and it's three months old. Not seen Joy post since that date! :oops:
วินเชนท์