Upto date gym info

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
BingoBango
Banned
Banned

Upto date gym info

Post by BingoBango »

Does anyone know if sport villa have upgraded their gym in the last year or so, or what is the best gym to use for a single month membership.

Im only after cardio and general exercise as opposed to freeweights and pulling my tripe out.

I know there is a gym up soi 94 but never been in, is it any good.

Thanks
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Upto date gym info

Post by kendo »

In January i was at the Sport Villa pool and lounger only, plus a few wets, as i fell through an inspection cover on a ship but the gym was packed my wife used to own a place there and she told me it was different but that was a while ago.
Worth a look.
Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

BingoBango wrote:Does anyone know if sport villa have upgraded their gym in the last year or so, or what is the best gym to use for a single month membership.

Im only after cardio and general exercise as opposed to freeweights and pulling my tripe out.

I know there is a gym up soi 94 but never been in, is it any good.

Thanks
yes
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
dom77
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dom77 »

There is also @letic in Market Village.

Excellent
BingoBango
Banned
Banned

Post by BingoBango »

cheers
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Costs, anyone?
Happiness can't buy money
BingoBango
Banned
Banned

Post by BingoBango »

I do know that its 1000bt per month at sport villa but its been that for a long time, my wife asked when she spoke to them a month ago.

My concern was that it was still tatty and dated like when I saw it 18 months back, even though on their website their is new pictures, I just wanted to be sure.

Im not sure about the one up soi 94 but just down from their they have the vendors selling bbq which is a bonus post workout as it may stop me from going straight to kims kitchen for a fry up or pie and mash.

I dont think I will bother with the @letic in gym in market village as I will probably go straight to Swensens for a 5 scooper or mister donut.

We usually hire a villa off hhad as we always have friends and family with us along for the ride or our lass's family come up to meet her but this time for the first time in 5 years we are going on our own so we are staying at sport villa, it would be a shame not to use the gym at sport villa, so im glad its updated.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Thanks B-B!
Happiness can't buy money
Sydney Jed
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Sydney Jed »

Used it a few weeks back and still got the identical gym equipment from earlier in the year..Gets busy at the weekend with locals and a few regular thai guys who play football so get there early doors..It's 80 baht a session to use gym and 50 baht for non-residents to use the pool...still good value for a bite of food there also!
bugsys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bugsys »

@letic has all you need for a good work out,trained there a lot last year,nice,well equiped
Idont remember the membership fee
BingoBango
Banned
Banned

Post by BingoBango »

Equipment very good at sport villa, had a look in but not used as been running on beach early morning and swimming in pool, il go to gym when I get home
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Picked up the @Letic pricelist last week. I thought a bit pricey seeing as Hilton is the same and has Gym, squash & tennis courts and a sauna and use of the pool, albeit the gym is smaller.

12 Mth -> 18,000 baht.
6 Mth -> 10,000
3 Mth -> 5,500
1 Mth (the OP's desired time period) -> 2,200
10 day pass (valid 6 mth) -> 3,200
20 day pass (valid 12 mth) -> 5,500
Individual 1 day pass -> 400

Considering the 20 day pass myself, but I'm not time restricted lke the OP.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
bugsys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bugsys »

Thx for the price update see you in the gym 15th dec
bugsys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bugsys »

Anyway I wonder, can I become a member in the Hilton gym if im not a guest?
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

bugsys wrote:Anyway I wonder, can I become a member in the Hilton gym if im not a guest?
Yes
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip