Plastic iceboxes, tubs etc

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
gtimages
Rookie
Rookie

Plastic iceboxes, tubs etc

Post by gtimages »

Hi,
Does anyone know of one of those places that sells all different shapes and sizes of plastic boxes, ice boxes, even boats around Hua Hin?
They are usually out a bit but have lots of orange and blue plastic moulded stuff.
Many thanks.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Re: Plastic iceboxes, tubs etc

Post by MrPlum »

gtimages wrote:Hi,
Does anyone know of one of those places that sells all different shapes and sizes of plastic boxes, ice boxes, even boats around Hua Hin?
They are usually out a bit but have lots of orange and blue plastic moulded stuff.
Many thanks.
What quantity do you need and what boats? Can you post a pic of what you mean?

I bought many plastic boxes in JJ (Chatuchak) market in Bangkok and also received samples from a number of different factories, as a buyer.

In Hua Hin, you can find plastic tupperware-type boxes in most department stores... Index, Homepro, Tesco.
gtimages
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gtimages »

Hi Mr Plum,
I am looking for some large rectangular tubs. The one's at department stores are not what I need.
I have seen many places as I described but just can't find one hear.
Thanks anyway, maybe someone else has seen a place?
gtimages
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gtimages »

Ok found it.
Not in Hua Hin but out past Cha Am.
Opposite side of the road from Santorini, bout 2 K further up.
Thanks to all.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Mr Plum, the OP was looking for one of those places that sell the really big plastic wares such as the large ice/cooler boxes that you'll often see at Mom and Pop shops, where they are used as fridges and/or storing ice.

Quite often, the shops that sell these boxes have a range of other wares, including plastic boats. Some are like small rowing boats, and some are basically a copy of the old wooden floating market type boats.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Try MAKRO for the insulated boxes.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Takiap wrote:Mr Plum, the OP was looking for one of those places that sell the really big plastic wares such as the large ice/cooler boxes that you'll often see at Mom and Pop shops, where they are used as fridges and/or storing ice.
Thanks. I've actually got a new larger blue ice/cool box, bought in Makro, which I will never use, if anyone wants it.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

If you go over the main railway crossing, then turn right as if going to pala u there is a large place on your left that has all that stuff. The large boxes are red and tucked away at the back of the shop.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Rone

Post by Rone »

Are these the things Aussies call eskies (spelling?) and guard with their lives.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Rone wrote:Are these the things Aussies call eskies (spelling?) and guard with their lives.
a "Esky" is an insulated box with a carrying handle, or handles. The better ones have a metal external case, insulation, and then a plastic / poly liner. Some have a drain valve on the bottom to remove the water after the ice melts. There are many different types and sizes, and yes, don`t mess with a blokes Esky! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!