Dogs in Soi 112 !!!!

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
patricious.88
Novice
Novice

Dogs in Soi 112 !!!!

Post by patricious.88 »

Hello everyone, i already saw 6 deads soi dogs on the road within 3 days since people are driving like freaking nut in and out to the floating market or to somewhere else ( specially in the weekend) in soi 112. It is terribly heartbreaking to see those dogs everyday. So, could we do anything just to warn the drivers to reduce speed or to do anything just to save those dogs??? :(
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Dogs in Soi 112 !!!!

Post by Lung Per »

Save the soi dogs? SAVE THE SOI DOGS? They are a nuisance. I'd rather give somebody a hunting license.
A friend is only one click away
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

The number of dogs hobbling along on 3 legs is also pretty upsetting. Thailand will at some point need to get a grip of its stray dog population.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

until vets are freely allowed to put down animals, people will just leave them in temples/road side.

The Buddhist idea of not killing things, but seemingly encouraging them to live out painful existences is not what I am sure was originally intended.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

i was told the vet training school just after banyan resort provides free neutering for dogs,our soi dog just had 8 pups so when they are old enough i will take them their for desexing
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

Lung Per wrote:Save the soi dogs? SAVE THE SOI DOGS? They are a nuisance. I'd rather give somebody a hunting license.

:agree:

Kids running around late at night begging are more worthy of attention, from the hand wringing brigade, than agonizing over the demise of soi dogs.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

fft100 wrote:until vets are freely allowed to put down animals, people will just leave them in temples/road side.

The Buddhist idea of not killing things, but seemingly encouraging them to live out painful existences is not what I am sure was originally intended.
I'll have to agree. Living very close to Soi 112 the dogs in this area are becoming a real nuisance. Thank god for those who possess a Isuzi, Mazda or Toyota Magnum. It seems to be the only successful form of dog control in place here in HH. Sounds cruel but them's the facts and I'm a dog lover.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

A year or so ago on 80, maybe a bit longer, opposite the 7/11 heading up to Kao Hin Lek Fai, they were a real nuisance. All of a sudden there's no problem. I suspect that men in white overalls turn up eventually and cart a couple of hundred off. Not sure how one would get this to swing into action, but discrete enquiries at the Police Station or Local Authority offices would probably get the desired result eventually.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Patricious,
you could try some of these....
Damn dogs.jpg
Damn dogs.jpg (28.8 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Would certainly slow down the vehicles. Not sure how lawful they are in Thailand.
:naughty:
GN.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well, if the Floating Market is causing a decline in soi dogs, then I can only hope the build a dozen Floating Markets up soi 6. :twisted: :twisted:

I get quite upset when I keep seeing people coming off their bikes because of the countless dogs in the road, and it happens VERY frequently.

:( :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

We had a problem with soi dogs and a neighbour (Thai) called the tessabahn to report the situation. Within 48 hours a "team" arrived and caught and transported all but one of the animals. It was a bit like watching Keystone Cops - an amusing spectacle.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
patricious.88
Novice
Novice

Topic Closed!!!

Post by patricious.88 »

CLOSE
PGS

Post by PGS »

What is it about all the dogs in HH, drifting around. Doesnt the thais keep control over their pets?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I took a cycle-ride earlier this year..did about 12-15km out to the west of HH..& counted 63 stray dogs!
Now on this forum it is always a boxing match whenever the subject of these beasts pops up..dog-lovers Vs light-sleepers..remember the Thais NEVER hear a dog barking at night, so they are never pi***d-o** with them..to me, never mind about the MIB's, the standard of driving, ladyboys, & corruption..it's those damn barking dogs in our Sois that all Thais accept, & have no intention of curbing this problem that annoys me..If I could own a high-powered air-gun here you'd find me at the shop that sells lead pellets!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I went to a hearing aid place in Bangkok and had silicone earplugs made that are molded to fit my ears exactly and go all the way down into the ear canal to my eardrum. They cost 2k baht and are supposed to block out 90% of sound but occasionally a dog nearby still keeps me awake (usually my own damned dog, well... my wife's dog that is)! :banghead:

It always amazes me that I've lived with 8 dogs in my life and none of them have I wanted nor have been my idea to get. :cuss: :oops:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?