Karaoke bar with western music?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Karaoke bar with western music?

Post by Dirkepirk »

Yes, I like to sing, but I don't think I should have a go at Thai music.
So is there a karaoke bar in HH with a decent selection of western pop/rock music?
The only karaoke bar at all I have found was at the Grand Plaza and I didn't like it. Dark and empty.
Jankou
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jankou »

Near Hilton are few karaoke bars, they have a decent selection western music...
áµèÃ
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

There are fantastic karaoke bars in Bangkok, they're even better in Tokyo, or even KL. Why don't you try there? leave HH alone.
Talk is cheap
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

Jankou wrote:Near Hilton are few karaoke bars, they have a decent selection western music...
Where exactly? I've walked a lot in the area near the Hilton, as that was my hotel, but I didn't find any karaoke.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Re: Karaoke bar with western music?

Post by Jaime »

Dirkepirk wrote:The only karaoke bar at all I have found was at the Grand Plaza and I didn't like it. Dark and empty.
Don't tell me, there was a lone Thai singer, wailing out some mournful Thai dirge about how he had left his family in the country to find work in BKK but now he was so lonely he wanted to kill himself?

Sounds like the usual Thai karaoke place to me but as posted by others above, there are some smaller venues in the 'bazaar' area sandwiched alongside Damnoen Kasem Road - the road that leads to the beach near the Sofitel. Look up the location here:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm
Jankou
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jankou »

Jaime wrote:
Dirkepirk wrote:The only karaoke bar at all I have found was at the Grand Plaza and I didn't like it. Dark and empty.
Don't tell me, there was a lone Thai singer, wailing out some mournful Thai dirge about how he had left his family in the country to find work in BKK but now he was so lonely he wanted to kill himself?

Sounds like the usual Thai karaoke place to me but as posted by others above, there are some smaller venues in the 'bazaar' area sandwiched alongside Damnoen Kasem Road - the road that leads to the beach near the Sofitel. Look up the location here:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm
Hou Hou... :neener:
áµèÃ
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

Jaime wrote:
Not even that! As a matter of fact, there was nobody singing. And as the entire place was not inviting, I quickly left.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

HH is awash with Karoeke bars

To me number 1 is Nancies bar in the Plaza
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

If you want to go to a bar in HH and be sure of not meeting me, choose one that has Karaoke...

Karaoke is music for the culturally challenged... :guns:

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Define culture....

.....it's a bit of a challenge!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Culturally changed?

Not sure what you mean Uncle Tom from Cambridge

To me Kareoke is a way of releasing your inward inabitions when you are pissed. In the Uk it was probably going home and having bad dreams. Here it's a way of letting your hair down and no one gives a shit whether can sing or not

Personal choice of course, but I go ocassionally with a bunch of Thai's and ferangs and make a fool of myself., but it doesn't really matter as everyone is usually pissed anyway and can't remember a thing in the morning

I certainly couldn't do it when I worked for Cambridge University!!!

All in all it's go with the flow. We are all different and have different tastes, THANK GOD
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Culturally changed?

Not sure what you mean Uncle Tom from Cambridge

To me Kareoke is a way of releasing your inward inabitions when you are pissed. In the Uk it was probably going home and having bad dreams. Here it's a way of letting your hair down and no one gives a shit whether can sing or not

Personal choice of course, but I go ocassionally with a bunch of Thai's and ferangs and make a fool of myself., but it doesn't really matter as everyone is usually pissed anyway and can't remember a thing in the morning

I certainly couldn't do it when I worked for Cambridge University!!!

All in all it's go with the flow. We are all different and have different tastes, THANK GOD
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've never really been in one here in the Realm, not even in Bangkok or here in pattaya. I have been in Singapore, HK, China, Japan etc., and they can get quite expensive. Many insist you buy a bottle costing about 5 times store price, and you get a nice little wooden locker to store it in if you don't finish it. Mixers are expensive and the girls...hold on to your wallets, they charge by the hour and half hour just to sit and sing a song from time to time. In addition, there is a per song charge in many places. Are the places in HH set up with a fee structure similar to that, I hope not. Pete
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

No

Take your own bottle, take your own girls and your fine
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

richard wrote:HH is awash with Karoeke bars

To me number 1 is Nancies bar in the Plaza

Your info is just a tad out of date old chap. Nancy sold up about two years ago and it is now called Headstone. Nancy has the little bar next door that does a bit of grub. She was looking for a man in her life but always kept comparing them with me. The was therefore always disappointed. Eventually she gave up and became a nun.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]