Michael Schumacher ...

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Michael Schumacher ...

Post by Burger »

LMAO
Henkie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Henkie »

What does it mean?

Just finished watching the race. Not really exciting.
Biggest surprise was the enige failure for MS. Now it seems the crying baby from Spain is going to be worldchampion.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Laugh My Ass Off
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Henkie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Henkie »

Thanks, wasn't able to figure that one out by myself
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Would have been a great last race if there were a couple of points in it. They would have had to really dial the engines in and go for it. Now Alonzo can run very conservative and finish in the top 8.
End of an awesome career from the most well rounded racer ever. Ok he aint no exciting flamboyant guy like a Senna was, but lets give him the respect he deserves. Maybe Massa can take out the wee Spanish man!?
Henkie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Henkie »

Would be a good one if Massa took out Alonso in Brasil. Especially after Ferrari calling for fair play in the last two races.
We surely must not forget that MS is one the best racers ever, probably the best looking at all is records. I think Formula 1 will miss his input for a while but there are a few good young guys who can fill up the gap.

I am hoping Raikkonen can change his luck next year.
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

No loss to me

Post by H2ODunc »

I woke up this morning too late to watch the race as it was on here at 5 am this morning. my girlfriend asked if I wanted the tv on to see who won. I replied that it would be too much to pray that Schuey would have taken Massa out at the first corner and left it open for Alonso. I LMAO for ages when she flicked Sky news on and there was the dirty cheating German Git walking back to the pits. Yes he has one of the best records for wins, poles etc but you also have to remember he is one of the dirtiest drivers there has been. He would willingly shunt people ( and has done on numerous occasions ) off the racetrack if he cant win by racing. He also has up till Massa never had a partner who was allowed to beat him in a fair fight. When he broke his leg and was out of contention for the championship he could have secured the world championship for Irvine( and considering all the times Irvine has helped secure postion for him )but he chose not to. That for me changed my opinion of him forever. I for one will not miss him. I think F1 will be a better place without him though I believe his record will stand for a long time to come. I can see the next race being a bit of a bore as Alonso will probably just cruise round to secure 8th. Roll on next year, should be a good one. :thumb:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Dunc,
He is a racer - simple as that - he does what it takes to win- ruthless, and the best that has been.
Senna will always be the most talented (in my opinion) but Shumi is the best as far as results are concerned.
Give him the credit he deserves. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Would it be out of the question to think that perhaps Massa will run interference for him and perhaps 'bump' Alonso out of the last race? Pete
Henkie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Henkie »

Out of the question? Absolutely not but i think Ferrari/Schumacher will get a hard time getting away with it even it hasn't been done on purpose.

The only thing he can do now is win the last race and hope or pray that Alonso will have a DNF.

For the moment i am looking forward to the MotoGP next sunday. Will Rossi be able to close the gap between him and Hayden? I think he can do it.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

JW wrote: Give him the credit he deserves.
F**k him, he never gives me any credit.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

What's all this talk about Massa taking out Alonso? If Alonso takes out Schumacher doesn't Alonso win the title anyway? Not that I care - watching the kids playing with their scalextric is more or less the same thing and thankfully doesn't last as long. :P
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

I've been a follower of F-1 for some 15 years or so and enjoy it.

Schumbag has been probably the best technical driver ever in F-1.

Unfortunately his lack of decent sportsmanship, sometimes arrogant attitude and his team's total contempt for the rules has tainted a record which could have been so much better.

His skill has of course been exagerated merely because there has been lack of serious oppositioin over the last few years.

With Alonso you have probably a driver who can be even greater - in the right machine. I think he will rue the day he chose to drive for Maclaren.

Anyway - nice to see the red machine screw up in Japan :mrgreen:

Here's hoping for a good season in 2007
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Terry wrote:
Schumbag has been probably the best technical driver ever in F-1.
I am yet to be convinced. The car, the team, the tactics and the abilty to adapt to the constant change in regulations over that period has given the kraut an enormous advantage over others including his own brother.

People moan like hell about money being poured into sport to gain advantage over their rivals but I have not heard any complaints when it comes to F1.

I do not have any figures to hand but I am sure that the R&D budget provide by Fiat over the last ten years ago would outweigh any of the competition and they, like Renault, have overall control of finances so they can tweak ther own budget to suit their requirements.

I would guess that at least five other drivers over the last decade could have had as much success as Schumaker in the same car.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

JW wrote:
End of an awesome career from the most well rounded racer ever. Ok he aint no exciting flamboyant guy like a Senna was, but lets give him the respect he deserves. Maybe Massa can take out the wee Spanish man!?
He is the most arrogant of people and sulks when he cannot get his own way. He has all the personality of a lemon and often looks as if he has just sucked on one.
No class as a person at all. :cuss:

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.