Wanted-A fully loaded Pizza to eat in HH.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Stgr whatever

Now there is a business opportunity for you :D
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has anything new to add after trying the places recommended here.

I am going to lunch with a friend who requests that we go to a good pizza place. I have tried four or five of the recommended places and while most make a passable pizza, I still haven't found what the op was interested in; a "fully loaded" pizza with a good combination of fresh toppings.

Since restaurants come and go, or tend to change ownership/cooks often here, I wondered if there were any new suggestions.

Also, someone recommended a place on Soi 80 called Thaiwai to me for pizza. I'm willing to give them a try but does anyone know if they are open for lunch?

:cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
tj

Post by tj »

Maybe not with the lot but had the best pizza in a long time at Lostivale (opposite the hilton) was a mushroom with gorganzola cheese pizza. Was not on the menu but was recomended to me and was an absolute delight! Quite rich but as a starter for 2 people an absolute must!
If your not cheating your only cheating yourself
Sydney Jed
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Sydney Jed »

I did wander down to the Italian pizza joint down past the piers(where they dry the cuttle fish).He had a wood fired pizza oven,but the night I went he wasn't there for some reason hence the pizza was a bit average for what I paid.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sydney Jed,

Was that the new(ish) place called Mario's?

Does anybody have a phone number for Thaiwai on Soi 80?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

The other night at Pizza Mario (on the link rd from Petchkaem to town that goes past sofitel) I had the best pizza (diablo) i had had for a long time. prices reasonable as well. Italian, and seems to know what he is doing.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

hhfarang wrote:Also, someone recommended a place on Soi 80 called Thaiwai to me for pizza. I'm willing to give them a try but does anyone know if they are open for lunch?
Doesn't usually open until around 2pm I think. PM'd you their number.

SJ
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Well, I finally found the pizza I was looking for! Hua Hin does have a place that makes a really good fully loaded pizza. I went to Thaiwaii with a friend today and we had the meat lovers special and the Hawaiian pizza (I shared slices of both) and they were the best I've had in Thailand. The meat lovers is truly fully loaded!

In fact the owner and his wife and all the other (expat) patrons were so friendly that we stayed for six hours eating our pizza and drinking beers!
I highly recommend the place. :thumb:

A special thanks to Super Joe for getting me in touch with the owner and recommending the place. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Do you carry a portable defibrillator with you on these outings HHF? :P Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Sydney Jed
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Sydney Jed »

Don't think it was that new HHF ,theres a place just before it that I think a kiwi owns that does food as well!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Do you carry a portable defibrillator with you on these outings HHF?
No, if I have a heart attack when I'm out on a binge, I count on the female bar staff to give me mouth to mouth resuscitation! :wink:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

HHF et al

Blowouts and medical care

Send me your email addresses ard and I will show you gastonomic blow outs

Pizza has nothing on these clips
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

I anyone wishes a small trip to Cha-Am then Bella -Bella in soy bus station is a very good pizza, and large singha is only 90 bht as well see you there. :thumb:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I anyone wishes a small trip to Cha-Am then Bella -Bella in soy bus station is a very good pizza, and large singha is only 90 bht as well see you there.
Nevets, I had heard that before and this same friend that went to Thaiwaii with me the other day went with me previously to the place in Cha-Am, but we went at lunch time and they were not open.

That seems to be a real problem these days for old settled married men like myself who like to go out with friends at lunch time and stay home with the wife and the TV :oops: after the sun goes down. Lots of good places don't open until late afternoon or evenings.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

I didn't know they only open at night ,must be no lunch time trade the Thai owner used to live in Norway i think in his youth and so learned his trade over many years . I will have to try your recommendation when next in HH. :cheers: