Newish Japanese restaurant on Soi 94

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

learnt to cook/prepare Japanese food in Chicago for 3 years a well known hot bed of Japanese cuisine ha, ha!!!
What about the 7 year apprenticeship in the land of the rising sun ???
Seriously though - must be worth a go.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

better late than never.
Yes did go and yes very good at a reasonable price.
The Asahi dry beer at 60 Bht was served cold too!! Asked for the chef's recommendations and had 2 appetisers - Yakatori and asparagus beef roll (59 & 89 Bht respectively).
Yum yum !! Rice was good as was sushi and Wasabi.
Service was good and unobtrusive and restaurant was well decorated and equipped - far better than the bamboo shack approach
A very pleasant surprise for HH.

Will go again!!!

Pity there is not a good Chinese restaurant here in HH (to my knowledge).
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: Newish Japanese restaurant on Soi 94

Post by Terry »

Went for some sushi this afternoon with the family. 8)

Wat & Koy are still running a great little restaurant, so I'm giving Sakura Sushi another unashamed plug. :)

Tried Wat's new one

A sushi made from prawn, avocado & rice, wrapped in seaweed, a little tempura, lightly fried and dowsed with a sweet cheese sauce - disgustingly good and goes under the name of SUMO! :bow:

Keep it up guys - great place :thumb:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Agreed, the missus and I have been to Sakura nearly once a week since they opened over a year ago. Still one of the best restaurants in Hua Hin if you're looking for Japanese food! Soi 94 and the surrounds are becoming restaurant row with the best Japanese, S & S Indian, Khun Oy Euro and Thai and the latest edition of Terrace 90 just off the soi on Soi 90. You can now get almost any type of food you want at reasonable prices in this neighborhood without having to fight the traffic and find a parking space downtown! :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

I have been there only once but I do agree what has been said about the good food and the affordable prices.

I also noted that the restaurant was spotlessly clean including the toilet.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

A sushi made from prawn, avocado & rice, wrapped in seaweed, a little tempura, lightly fried and dowsed with a sweet cheese sauce - disgustingly good and goes under the name of SUMO! :bow:

Stop it, Stop it, please Terry. Dont you realise some of us are stuck in the UK, living on gruel. :wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

FYI Khundon you get no sympathy from me. :mrgreen:

I'm stuck in smelly Delhi for the next two months - living on worse than gruel............. :banghead:
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

moja wrote:We went to the Japanese restaurant on 94 last evening - just over the railway line on the left side of the road.

Excellent food at very reasonable prices, the service was good and all the staff were very friendly.

There were 3 of us and we had, 8 small chang, a selection of appertizers followed by a selection of main courses and the bill was 650 baht.
Wow amazing! I went to a Japanese retaurant in Portsmouth last Tuesday on my way to France. Portsmouth is the worse place in the world to look for a decent place to eat. I think the owner was Japanese but I think that the food was not so authentic. The bill for 2 was £38. Just 4 dishes and a couple of beers, small glass wine! Quite a difference! Looking forward to trying it when I come out. :wink:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Thumbs up. I've had my share of good Japanese food in Los Angeles, I think this place will do me just fine. First time I've seen an individual order of sushi that contained a single piece that wasn't a big cone or roll. It was roe of some sort I'd never seen on a menu with squid ink.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

moja wrote:We went to the Japanese restaurant on 94 last evening - just over the railway line on the left side of the road.

Excellent food at very reasonable prices, the service was good and all the staff were very friendly.

There were 3 of us and we had, 8 small chang, a selection of appertizers followed by a selection of main courses and the bill was 650 baht.
Why did not we listen to Moja earlier 8) This is the best restaurant in Hua Hin ...I really mean it :D We had a fabulous meal here tonight, so well balanced, well cooked, delightful I really truly recommend it. It is very reasonable too 8) Thanks Moja for reminding us that we had not gone there :) We did name drop and said you recommended it to the owner and his lovely wife :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Yes, ever since that place opened we go there about once a week as the food is good and the price is half of Fuji in Market Village!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Glad you enjoyed it Siani! we too try to go at least once a week.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

A really great find, the food is Japanese but ALL the staff seem to be Thai.
Appetisers at 50b and main couses for 90b--inexpensive and good. Almost full the nights I have been there.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Dr Mike wrote:A really great find, the food is Japanese but ALL the staff seem to be Thai.
Appetisers at 50b and main couses for 90b--inexpensive and good. Almost full the nights I have been there.
Yes they are Thai, they serve wonderful authentic Japanese food. I do not think you have to be Japanese to be able to cook Japanese food 8)
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Had a take away from there this evening. Could not fault it if I tried. Food great, reasonable price, you can sit outside if you are a smoker and the beer is cold, sake hot. Been for a sit in many times also
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Crazy 88