Certified Translator Required

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I've always used the photo shop close to the post office.
Fast, 10 minutes, and good value for the money if you're pretty enough.
Just tell them how many pictures and the size you need.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

farang prices

Post by huahinsimon »

HHTel wrote:Just picked up a birth certificate translation today. P & A Notary, Translation Office. 1st floor of the Shopping Mall at the very rear. Cost 450 baht and duly notarised.
Went to P&A Notary, needed certified translations of my parents names from English to Thai.
thats two names. 6 words was quoted 500B. almost choked.
Asked a Thai friend to take it in for me. She paid 100B

a minor victory!! :thumb:

HHS
The devil made me do it the first time.
The second time I did it on my own.

When I finally got to the land of milk and honey, the milkman shot me

Happy wife, Happy life!
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Did the embassy run today with all documents in hand except the Thai birth certificate translation. As stated before I thought I'd give it a go near the embassy as there are lots and lots and lots of translation services. Anyway got to wireless road. A pretty young girl (there were lots of them) were touting for punters outside the translation offices. We asked how long the birth certificate translation would take, 10 minutes she said, how much we asked, 300 baht she said, would the embassy accept it, yes she said, so we got it done and it arrived in 10 minutes. Went to the embassy and they accepted everything. Will not know 100% for certain that all is ok as they said collect UK birth certificate in 2 weeks + passport.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thats good to know - did you get the photos and passport form notorised at the same place?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:Thats good to know - did you get the photos and passport form notorised at the same place?
Got the photos from Hua Hin and just got a friend who works in Bangkok to sign the back of the photo and give his details on the form. The woman I spoke to at the embassy before I left just said 'someone whose known you 2 years or more and not family' I remember in the UK you need a doctor or someone in profession to do this but she said that's not required here. Anyway I got 2 weeks to wait. If there is any issues I suspect they will call. But I'm quietly confident all's ok.

Got bloody pulled for supposedly going through a red light in the area on the way home (I never saw it). 1000 baht added to the 15000+ embassy bill. Win some, lose some I suppose!
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

i was also in the british embassy on monday afternoon, and they seemed ( i suppose i dont know for certain until i get the uk certified version) to accept the 450 baht birth certificate translation from P+A.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

fft100 wrote:i was also in the british embassy on monday afternoon, and they seemed ( i suppose i dont know for certain until i get the uk certified version) to accept the 450 baht birth certificate translation from P+A.
Must of crossed paths then as I was there in the afternoon. Was one of the first at the desk thankfully as that place is a joke with so many people having to stand and wait. Good Luck
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

the later you leave it, the quieter it gets ! i arrived an hour after it opened and there were 10 in front. But, when i was served (no 99), there were only 2 after me, and there was still nearly an hour left. Interesting for the future.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Happy as Larry!

Got the birth certificate & passport for my daughter Enya today. Asked the embassy to send it by recorded to Hua Hin as did not want to make the trip back to bangkok incurring the extra expenses and the chance of getting pulled by a traffic cop for sweet fa.

So the 300 baht translation from wireless road bangkok was fine. The expensive route and long wait is not necessary.

Now the hard part. getting the g/f a visa to visit the UK so my mum can see her grand daughter!

Happy days!