Police 'fines'

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

I have read somewhere that somewhere in car insurance policies is a clause that the insurance you get when you buy a car is not effective without a valid driving license. It may have even said that it had to be a thai driving license.

Which, would mean (at best) after 1 year of being here, that you would require a thai driving license, otherwise you are effectively driving uninsured.

The situation for hire cars would, i imagine be different !

Can anyone confirm that ?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I can only tell you that my car is in my partner's name (and is, therefore, not my car at all, but never mind, she lets me use it...), as is the insurance - she doesn't drive and doesn't have a licence. I have a UK licence. On the one occasion we've needed it, the insurance company forked out promptly (and quite substantially). No bonus lost, no rise in premium.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

fft100,

I know that what you have said is true when the roles are reversed - hence my rant earlier. Too many Thais think they have found a loophole in the UK system - I just hope nobody gets too hurt when they have their first accident, because their insurance is not going to pay!

Its these people that put the premiums up for the rest of us :cuss:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Tookta
Novice
Novice

licence

Post by Tookta »

I was in HH only a two weeks ago stoped by the police showing them my Australian licence with photo he was happy with that but for how long. From what i have been told its not all that hard to get a thai licence so as they say when in Rome do as the romeens do. :mrgreen: